What's new

NEW Creative Soundpack: Whisper—gentle wind instruments. Special intro offer!

Does anyone know if Sine will eventually be available in AAX? I just bought Tableau Strings and was thinking of buying one of these, but I mostly use ProTools and buying libraries that don't work for me is not a good use of money.

Curious to know if anyone has had a chance to play with Babel? I can’t find many demos. I would like to know if this library has enough vocal content to create compositions in the style of the videos below. If someone has the library, a detailed walkthrough would be great. Maybe @ChrisSiuMusic might have a creative soundpacks review on the way, hopefully before the intro special ends?

Hi there! I'll be doing a first look/walkthrough of the libraries, hopefully by next week.

Hey msjdowner,
in SINE, you can apply legato by heading to the box in the bottom right of SINE and clicking on "Leg". In Amber you can apply legato for the normal sustains, portato and the swells.

Hello Sips Tea (dope name, btw.! :D),
for these examples you have there I would use one of the short syllables (du, mi, ko, di, su, ta, le, na), one of the marcato syllables (duu, raa, mii, suu, ioeeh, bebeaah, ndelee), or the consonants (b, p, g, k, d, t, s, sch, w, f).
The beauty with the examples you mentioned is, that you only need to pick one short sample out of all those, bounce it (to have more flexibility) and then you can start from there with creating your own sound design/rhythms. This is actually one of the things I was hoping this library would inspire people to do. Arbos has some great content for creating interesting sound design textures and rhythms as well.

Thanks Frederik - that's a lot easier than expected, and still sounded good to my ears (SINE novice here - just got the freebie installed). Just got to try and talk myself out of needing Babel now too... Cheers, Mark

Hey msjdowner,
in SINE, you can apply legato by heading to the box in the bottom right of SINE and clicking on "Leg". In Amber you can apply legato for the normal sustains, portato and the swells.

Hello Sips Tea (dope name, btw.! :D),
for these examples you have there I would use one of the short syllables (du, mi, ko, di, su, ta, le, na), one of the marcato syllables (duu, raa, mii, suu, ioeeh, bebeaah, ndelee), or the consonants (b, p, g, k, d, t, s, sch, w, f).
The beauty with the examples you mentioned is, that you only need to pick one short sample out of all those, bounce it (to have more flexibility) and then you can start from there with creating your own sound design/rhythms. This is actually one of the things I was hoping this library would inspire people to do. Arbos has some great content for creating interesting sound design textures and rhythms as well.

Thanks for the helpful tip Frederik! I've been hoping for something like this for some time! I hope to see more in the future.

I've just bought Arbos, and so have just started playing with it. It does have an interesting range of sounds. I have a specific project that I bought it for, and it fits perfectly for that purpose. I'm guessing that for other compositions the sounds could be used to a bit more earthy flavour to it, especially if you wanted to move beyond the standard 'ethnic percussion' (I really don't like using that term, but it is the stock label used for those libraries) sounds.

Curious to know if anyone has had a chance to play with Babel? I can’t find many demos. I would like to know if this library has enough vocal content to create compositions in the style of the videos below. If someone has the library, a detailed walkthrough would be great. Maybe @ChrisSiuMusic might have a creative soundpacks review on the way, hopefully before the intro special ends?

I posted earlier but I played around with it on day one and posted this:

It's a very nice library for the price, and you might enjoy what they have done with the staccatos.

I've purchased Babel and Arbos. Despite loving OT's sound, these are the first of their libraries I've bought at the moment.

So, I'm in the odd position of not having any orchestral tool from a company named Orchestra Tools.

Paolo

I've purchased Babel and Arbos. Despite loving OT's sound, these are the first of their libraries I've bought at the moment.

So, I'm in the odd position of not having any orchestral tool from a company named Orchestra Tools.

Paolo
haha, then i hope you'll download Layers, as it's free and certainly counts as an orchestral tool!
Enjoy working with Arbos and Babel :)

Yeah, I bought Amber and Sine it's crashing my Cubase quite often too. If I open the GUI when the song it's on play, its an instant crash. I'm used to doing that with all my instruments and it never crashes. One thing I realized it's I was on Sine 1.0.3.497 and now I updated it to 10.3.509. Didn't try if it still crashes it a lot. The bad thing about Sine it's that I can only see that it's version 1.0.3 but doesn't show the rest of the number...

I bought Babel and I generally like it as a texture library. However Sine is freezing and crashing Cubase quite often. I've only been playing around so it's not a big deal, but if I lost a lot of work from a crash I'd be pretty peaved and I don't see myself using it as a result. I'm really glad I didn't buy all three libraries, which I was considering. Hopefully OT will fix these issues.

I have to say I find myself agreeing with other people who have moaned about developers moving away from Kontakt. I have so many different players to remember now, all seemingly randomly sprinkled throughout my plugin categories. I like getting into Kontakt and just scrolling through the libraries, sometimes remembering something that might work in my track.

I was planning to get Time Micro and Macro on Sine (hopefully on a intro sale) but I think I'll hold on that and see what happens with Sine. Infact it might be a good idea to get them in Kontakt while they're still available in that format!

I have noticed that there are issues having the GUI open during playback (causes stutter, seems to slow things down)

Also experienced a lot of crashing in Cubase in the past with SINE, but the latest release seems more stable at least.

The whole experience is still a bit flakey though and they still need to put a lot more work into stability in my opinion.

I was tempted by Arbos, as i have to use SINE when using JXL brass, but the whole experience has kind of put me off further SINE products.

I'd be interested to hear how much overlap there is between Babel and the choir content in Time Macro/Time Micro.
I have Time Micro, and Babel. The overlap is a little, or none, depending on your view. They are entirely different samples, with Babel being solo and very dry, and Time Micro being a small choir with more mic options and more choice of mic positions and space. OT's website lays out what "articulations" are available on each. There is a overlap on these such as the "ahh" but that is true of almost any choir.

I came to a crossroads yesterday with OT, not just having an outstanding ticket from a couple of weeks back reporting a Sine error, but the ethos of which was placing the impetus on me to now supply more details and testing - while asking why I would do this to myself:

I am glad you posted this. This is my experience as well. Ive been trying to be as helpful as i can but im not a software developer/troubleshooter and neither do I intend to become one. Ive already wasted countless hours troubleshooting things finding workarounds and emailing them etc.

I love the product (JXL brass) and the player, but the overall stability is just not there yet.

I have noticed that there are issues having the GUI open during playback (causes stutter, seems to slow things down)

Also experienced a lot of crashing in Cubase in the past with SINE, but the latest release seems more stable at least.

The whole experience is still a bit flakey though and they still need to put a lot more work into stability in my opinion.

I was tempted by Arbos, as i have to use SINE when using JXL brass, but the whole experience has kind of put me off further SINE products.
I'm on Logic, and my problems with Amber seem related to having the GUI open when I close the program, which will often hang, if I have a Sine track selected. I've also had issues with Logic hanging requiring a force quit when I change to a track with a Sine instance, though that's more unpredictable. I've only encountered this issue with Amber, but Amber is also the first Sine library I've had where I have worked with more than a handful of Sine instances in the same project. So I'm not sure if it is Amber or the number of Sine instances that is causing the issue.

I have Time Micro, and Babel. The overlap is a little, or none, depending on your view. They are entirely different samples, with Babel being solo and very dry, and Time Micro being a small choir with more mic options and more choice of mic positions and space. OT's website lays out what "articulations" are available on each. There is a overlap on these such as the "ahh" but that is true of almost any choir.
I guess I mean overlap in function. Certainly they are different recordings (although I think there might be some of the same singers, judging from the videos).

Top Bottom