What's new

Orchestral Tools "groundbreaking" announcements

We could co-host it, one day in your lovely small town in France and the other in my lovely small town in the Netherlands, we would have then already 800! (the amount of cows exceeds the amount of humans here, so we would have an additional 750 cows, dunno how the cow population is at your place?)

Sure @Jaap ! I can talk to the Mayor this afternoon, and I can make pancakes. Let's do this !

Btw we don't have much cows here, we're more into deers and boars :)

Sure does...doesn't seem to be working as effectively this time. I'm thinking it's because there's already been so much excitement in the OT camp this year. People might have gotten a little worn out. Overexposure.
You can tell that already?
I mean, I can only speak for myself when I say that I RSVP'd as soon as I saw the email, which was only this morning btw.
For an event that's still a month away, I think theres still time to "work effectively"

Spitfire-esque indeed, but I don't think it's a bad thing.

I'm just wondering why this kind of cool events happens in strange cities like LA, and never in the sweetest place in the world : FRANCE - And more especially in the 500 inhabitants town I'm living in ?

Yeah, I don't blame them. There's so much digital noise these days that releasing great products is no longer enough to stand out, they need to create some buzz.

I don't get why some folks get so triggered about sample libraries haha This shit is harmless and should be easy to ignore.

Which town is that by the way? Sounds like a lovely place. :)

You can tell that already?
I mean, I can only speak for myself when I say that I RSVP'd as soon as I saw the email, which was only this morning btw.
For an event that's still a month away, I think theres still time to "work effectively"

You said it all.

It's going to be "Hollywood" Strings, obviously. :P

I'm also going to bet on the Junkie Xtra-Large Brass Ensemble.

and presumably other business stuff that most of us probably don't care about

Sure does...doesn't seem to be working as effectively this time. I'm thinking it's because there's already been so much excitement in the OT camp this year. People might have gotten a little worn out. Overexposure.

Agreed. It feels like they're doing a bit too much in too short a time.

I'm only interested if it has +400,000 custom lines of code! ;)

And a few weeks later the obligatory 8Dio spinoff library: 2 billion lines of code, 114.2 petabytes (after compression), a quantum leap in sampling, the most advanced set of *insert your favorite articulation* ever sampled, an unique jewel of endless possibilities. It just works!

I love those guys.

And a few weeks later the obligatory 8Dio spinoff library: 2 billion lines of code, 114.2 petabytes (after compression), a quantum leap in sampling, the most advanced set of *insert your favorite articulation* ever sampled, an unique jewel of endless possibilities. It just works!

I love those guys.

The only thing that could compete with Junkie XL Brass is Hans Zimmer Brass :)

Groundbreaking for me would be if they managed to not make each CAPSULE patch add ~5Mb to my project file. Alas, I don't think a more efficient engine is in the cards. They are an orchestral sampling company that has sampled the whole orchestra several times over. So to keep going it would only make sense - business wise - to have some kind of excuse to start over.

If a new orchestral range is really coming, I'm hoping that the groundbreaking features are in areas of playability and ease of use (including balancing). OT's libraries sound gorgeous but are cumbersome, so improvements in these areas would be welcome.

Finally releasing a complete choir library?
Though i don't see how that has anything to do with Junkie XL, so could be the brass, yeah..

Top Bottom