What's new

Orchestral Tools: Glory Days - Big Band Horns

Man those saxes sound great! Crossfading through the different layers and no phasing! Nice work!! And that Spot-Close combi, beautiful...

Too bad they are so drenched in reverb. I'd love to know if this is the true hall sound or added reverb and if the latter, how do they sound dry?

Too bad they are so drenched in reverb. I'd love to know if this is the true hall sound or added reverb and if the latter, how do they sound dry?
Most of that video seemed to have Close + Room, and sounded fairly reverberant. The Spot + Close sounds quite dry and very musical.

It specifically says at the beginning of the video that "all audio examples are unprocessed and without additional reverb"

It specifically says at the beginning of the video that "all audio examples are unprocessed and without additional reverb"
Plus, you can listen to the first walkthrough video which demonstrates the spot mics and they are as dry as it gets.

I love the multis! Especially mute and plungers! The "normal" trombone sustains/legato always seem to sound a little midi in Sample Libs though, especially if it turns into vibrato.

Would love to know what you think of the drier sound, e.g. whether this library really needs the further mics to sound convincing.
Sorry might be a while, having lots of fun messing around with everything :grin:
Adjusting the release completely solved my wet gripe though, seems weird to have it set at maximum by default

Top Bottom