What's new

Orchestral Tools: Glory Days - Big Band Horns

I believe Straight ahead Jazz Horns was recorded this way too
Yup. This is a lot bigger in terms of sample content, though. Kinda wish I was doing more stuff for singers that wanted these kinds of horns!

Good lord those sound great.

So two major releases this quarter from OT. Is it safe to assume that there will be no Metropolis Ark this year?

The sectional stuff sounds absolutely fantastic (might be the new king of the hill). It's got a lot of depth. Solo stuff, I don't know. It's ridiculously hard to do jazz solos with samples. Much easier to solo with modeled instruments (but a full band of just modeled instruments sounds sterile). I think the best solution would be to use this new OT horn library for the bulk of the band, and spice it up with some modeled instruments (or heaven forbid, a real player). Maybe throw in the Screaming Trumpet plug-in, too, while you're at it.

Another thing... The vibe of this new library is pretty cool. Don't know if it's just the mix and verb used, but it has the kind of feel you typically hear from a big band in a movie/TV score. Kind of a big, spacious, Henry Mancini type sound. It's not the sound, say, of the Buddy Rich or Maynard Fergusson band doing a studio album. But again, maybe that's just the mix.

How does Orchestral Tools - Glory Days - Big Band Horns compare with VIR2 INSTRUMENTS MOJO 2: HORN SECTION ?
Price and size are similar, Instrumentation is different.
Are they similar as a Big Band horns , complementary or one is really better than the other ?
If I can only get one, which one ?
I don't expect any answer until the end of the year.

How does Orchestral Tools - Glory Days - Big Band Horns compare with VIR2 INSTRUMENTS MOJO 2: HORN SECTION ?
Price and size are similar, Instrumentation is different.
Are they similar as a Big Band horns , complementary or one is really better than the other ?
If I can only get one, which one ?
I don't expect any answer until the end af the year.
i have mojo 1 , for what i hear OT sounds closer to the real deal , mojo good writing tool , the only way to know is to have both , which i will have and re post , just for the record i have all jazz brass libraries except mojo 2 a quest for the holy grail

Last edited:
think the best solution would be to use this new OT horn library for the bulk of the band, and spice it up with some modeled instruments (or heaven forbid, a real player).

That's exactly what I was thinking. Audio Modeling is releasing a modeled brass library next year, so I'm already planning ahead to using Audio Modeling solo instruments with Glory Days instrument sections.

Any info on what list price will be or when we'll see more of it in action? Hopefully before the price goes up.

I recently picked up Mojo2, and already had Straight Ahead, Session Horns, and Blue Street. I made a resolution that my brass needs are covered until I find myself frustrated with any limitations I encounter with what I've got - ie no more brass until I need it. I didn't expect to have my resolve tested so quickly, but I'm determined to stick to that resolution...

but it does sound great... no I don't need it yet... but the presale... I said no damn it... but look at all those mutes...

Judging from the video, it sounds even better than Mojo 2, that I bought! I wish they would have given us a heads up a month ago!

I was about to pull the trigger on M2 and saw this. What do you like about this sound that you can't achieve with Mojo2?

i have mojo 1 , for what i hear OT sounds closer to the real deal , mojo good writing tool , the only way to know is to have both , which i will have and re post , just for the record i have all jazz brass libraries except mojo 2 a quest for the holy grail

How about BBB? The amount of instruments sampled in that library is mind boggling

Top Bottom