What's new

Orchestral Tools - Glory Days - Big Band Horns - New demo online!

Jaw, meet floor. This sounds amazing, and the playability looks quite good. This jumps right to the top of my wish list!

Reactions: JW
Even on my iPad Pro, this sounds simply stunning. The trumpet with cup mute is making me grin from ear to ear.....

Reactions: JW
Is there any hope that OT will release the other walkthroughs before the release on Thursday? Or are they expecting people to jump on the intro price with just the currently available information?

I'm hoping for another walk-through, as well. Dropping $500+ on a package with a single demo song, one video walkthrough, and no real-world opinions is a hard pill to swallow.

I believe they'll post a second walk-through, as promised (focusing on the solo instruments at least), but I wish they'd post it soon.

I'm hoping for another walk-through, as well. Dropping $500+ on a package with a single demo song, one video walkthrough, and no real-world opinions is a hard pill to swallow.

I believe they'll post a second walk-through, as promised (focusing on the solo instruments at least), but I wish they'd post it soon.

I was ready to pick this up, but I'm a little hesitant at the moment. The intro period seems to end a little too soon this time. Is it just me? The timing is such that it's over before Black Friday which puts pressure on my wallet. I'll probably have to hold off this time, as nice as Glory Days sounds.

Just adding another voice to having more examples of this before buying Even at the pre-order price it’s a not insignificant amount of money, and I would welcome a more definitive sense of security about the purchase.

I was ready to pick this up, but I'm a little hesitant at the moment. The intro period seems to end a little too soon this time.

I'm in the same boat. I'm a little hesitant, but for a different reason. When I heard the demo, I was floored, but there are two chord transitions in the demo that make me cringe. I suspect it's because Sascha went from a shorter articulation to a sustain (I assume because there is no marcato articulation long enough) and the comparatively mushy attack of the sustain is what sapped power out of the song at those critical spots. Regardless, as amazing as the library sounds all around, I'd first like to see another walkthrough to try to determine why those transitions came out the way they did.

I might be the only one, but I am not that impressed by the sound. The trailer caught my attention and I had high hopes but the first walk through made me think the opposite. A little disappointed actually. I think the walk through sounds very midi and not realistic at all. Am I the only one? I usually love OT`s stuff thats why I got so disappointed. I hope they convince me again... because I would love a librari like Glory Days but it must sound good!!

I might be the only one, but I am not that impressed by the sound. The trailer caught my attention and I had high hopes but the first walk through made me think the opposite. A little disappointed actually. I think the walk through sounds very midi and not realistic at all. Am I the only one? I usually love OT`s stuff thats why I got so disappointed. I hope they convince me again... because I would love a librari like Glory Days but it must sound good!!
The tree mics sounded much better imo.

Teldex is extremely reverberant for a studio space. No reverb splosh here.

I was refering to the rooms mics. That's why I said, "even if it is NOT added."

According to the library info they also have close and spot mics, yet apart from a brief example in Screencast Part 1 they have barely demonstrated them.

Audionews members: I'd love to hear some more close + spot examples
OrchestralTools: *Posts two more completely wet sounding screencasts*

I was refering to the rooms mics. That's why I said, "even if it is NOT added."

According to the library info they also have close and spot mics, yet apart from a brief example in Screencast Part 1 they have barely demonstrated them.

Audionews members: I'd love to hear some more close + spot examples
OrchestralTools: *Posts two more completely wet sounding screencasts*
I'm pretty sure that these screencasts were recorded ahead of time, possibly even before the trailer was released. That way, the company doesn't have to rush in putting them out when they deem appropriate.

In the demonstrated spot mics, they indeed do seem to be 'bone' dry, which many love. However, Teldex is a fantastic-sounding space, and Glory Days seems to be naturally geared towards more cinematic writing in the first place. So this product does seem quite versatile in that regard :)

Top Bottom