What's new

Orchestral Tools Completion Days -30%

63oliad7.jpg

https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/bst_exp_e.php

https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/bww_exp_d.php

https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/bbr_exp_c.php

bit offtopic, but any news about that new sample player and the modular based system? i mean where is the point if you can buy all this (and only what you need) soon with the new system?

Prices are up from last year's sale.
SFXUniversal_Vi.jpg

I don't have any plans to pickup the strings fx, but I'm wondering if the strings fx is a typo.
It says save more than 30%, but the original price is 249 euros and the sale price is 199 euros.
Isn't that more like 20%off?

Or maybe it just means "save more than 30% on some of the selected products".

Apologies in advance if I'm misunderstanding something.

I've been ignoring this thread because I didn't have any of the Arks or Berlin series (just Time Macro).

Now I realize I can buy these separate from those.
Must resist those french horns and bassoons.

I've been ignoring this thread because I didn't have any of the Arks or Berlin series (just Time Macro).

Now I realize I can buy these separate from those.
Must resist those french horns and bassoons.

They've got their new player/purchase system arriving in the last quarter. If you're not in a rush then it looks like we'll be able to buy precisely which instruments we want.

Is it officially confirmed that the new sample player will be in the last quarter ? I assume that means September onwards... I've been looking out ofr a press release regarding this, but I couldn't find anything...

The prices for the fx seems to be fixed now.

So I'd probably hold off and wait for them to fix it if I were you @dzilizzi
Very nice. Thanks Orchestral Tools. :dancedance: These are the new prices up on their website.
stacks_image_330.jpg
Note: lower than the ones they posted above.

bit offtopic, but any news about that new sample player and the modular based system? i mean where is the point if you can buy all this (and only what you need) soon with the new system?
It's a good point if you only want some of the instruments. Buying piecemeal at full price might be cheaper than buying it all at 30% off. But my guess is that there will be some kind of markup for buying piecemeal, though I haven't heard any official word on that either way so I am just speculating.

Of course if you wait long enough after the modular system is in place--some months or years down the road--you'll likely be able to get just the individual instruments and get them on sale.

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm torn on whether I should go for the BB exp A. I kind of like the demos on their site and like the idea of having a really nice euphonium as well as contrabass trombone, but I haven't seen any people use the library so it's hard to be sure whether I really want it or not. Orchestral tools seem to be the only ones to my ears that get the sound of the bass and tenor brass just right and I'm thinking I might like to use the bass trumpet as a trombone. Anybody have experience with it?

Hmm. I'm torn on whether I should go for the BB exp A. I kind of like the demos on their site and like the idea of having a really nice euphonium as well as contrabass trombone, but I haven't seen any people use the library so it's hard to be sure whether I really want it or not. Orchestral tools seem to be the only ones to my ears that get the sound of the bass and tenor brass just right and I'm thinking I might like to use the bass trumpet as a trombone. Anybody have experience with it?

The Berlin Brass expansion A has the same excellent qualities as the main library, so if you have that the sonic quality is just as great.

The Euphonium is the only instrument I've really toyed with as I don't tend to need the extended family of instruments for what I write; standard orchestra is more than enough!. I do think it is wonderful for a warm colour alongside the Berlin Brass Trombones.

This Bass Trumpet could cover the range of a Trombone as a substitute, except for the lowest notes (but you can extend them in Capsule). The tone is brighter than that of the Trombones in the main library and it retains a trumpet's edge, even at lower dynamics.

If you don't own the main library, Expansion A (and Expansion B for some very deep mutes) are also good ways to get your feet wet on how the main library sounds; I got them in the last Completion Days sales.

The Berlin Brass expansion A has the same excellent qualities as the main library, so if you have that the sonic quality is just as great.

The Euphonium is the only instrument I've really toyed with as I don't tend to need the extended family of instruments for what I write; standard orchestra is more than enough!. I do think it is wonderful for a warm colour alongside the Berlin Brass Trombones.

This Bass Trumpet could cover the range of a Trombone as a substitute, except for the lowest notes (but you can extend them in Capsule). The tone is brighter than that of the Trombones in the main library and it retains a trumpet's edge, even at lower dynamics.

If you don't own the main library, Expansion A (and Expansion B for some very deep mutes) are also good ways to get your feet wet on how the main library sounds; I got them in the last Completion Days sales.
Thanks. Yeah, with the bass trumpet my feeling is that it honestly sounds close to what I expect out of a trombone than my other options for the most part. I'll probably end up buying the main library at some point anyways.

Top Bottom