What's new

Orchestral Tools: Berlin Series on SINE now!

Yes, you can make polymaps which trigger by velocity, or crossfade by velocity or CC, or you can just load them on two different keyswitches like normal.

This video made it pretty clear for me. Hope it helps

This is great - thanks!

Not quite sure how I missed this.

I'm delving into Berlin Strings for SINE, and am learning to trigger various legato transitions using the layers (velocity layers, and "speed zones").

My question is about the velocity layers. What is the default split point velocity between the two layers, and can this be adjusted within SINE? The reason being, for example, I want portamento to be a special transition that requires effort to trigger, and not just triggered every time I get a little emotive and dig into the keys - in this case, I'd set the velocity layer for portamento to be, say from 110-127.

Also it'd be nice to have a visual representation of how hard I'm striking the keys and which layer is being triggered. For example: a sliding scale that shows the split point, legato X on one side of the scale, and legato Y on the other, and then depending on what velocity I'm playing, X or Y lights up. If that's not possible in SINE, I'm wondering if there's anything functionally similar that can be rigged up in Logic Pro. Otherwise, I'm switching between tip-toeing on the keys and slamming the keys.

Top Bottom