What's new

Orchestral Tools Berlin Percussion released - INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL ends tomorrow

Hendrik-Schwarzer

// News about the Berlin Percussion pre-order //

Hey guys (and gals),

your feedback to Berlin Percussion has been great so far (thanks for the encouragement!) and I received the cries of despair from you The Glock and The Timpani users in the dozens.
I have brought your case to the powers up high (read: my bosses), pleaded for you, used my best puppy face and am very happy to announce not only a continuation of the pre-order intro deal for one week until October 23rd to give you all time to think about getting what we believe is the most flexible percussion collection on the market, but also a small reward for being loyal users:

All The Glock users who purchase Berlin Percussion or Berlin Percussion Bundle before the end of the intro deal will receive a 30€ voucher for any future purchase.
All The Timpani users who purchase Berlin Percussion before the end of the intro deal will receive a 50€ voucher for any future purchase.
All The Glock + The Timpani users who purchase Berlin Percussion before the end of the intro deal will receive a 80€ voucher for any future purchase.

These vouchers will be sent out after the intro deal ends (please allow a few days for me to sift through your accounts) and will of course also be sent out to users who purchased BPC or the bundle prior to this announcement.

Just to reiterate again: Everyone who bought The Timpani in the past will receive a free upgrade to the expanded BPC Expansion A - The Timpani for free.
Berlin Percussion and Berlin Percussion EXP A - The Timpani will be released on October 16.

all the best

Tobias
OT Support

Berlin Percussion marks another major addition to the Berlin Series.
A series well known for its flexibility, detail and its extensive sets of articulations,
recorded with first call musicians from world-famous Orchestras at the Teldex Scoring Stage in Berlin. In addition to all the new approaches and features brought by this Collection, it is the sound that makes Berlin Percussion outstanding.

All instruments are recorded in their natural positions within the beautiful acoustics of Teldex, famous for its perfect proportions of reverb for samples and live recordings. A room that isn't too wet to stay flexible with your productions
and which also isn't too dry so that its natural acoustics help to blend all the orchestral instruments together as one entity.

With Berlin Percussion we followed the Multiple Instrument Concept that allows you to create your own unique percussion ensembles out of e.g. 7 different Snare Drums or 4 sizes of Gran Cassas. All of them are sampled individually and rich in details and articulations. A uniform mapping structure and articulation set let you easily stack instruments over each other. All articulations and instruments are preserved in their natural volume balance. Switching e.g. from one snare drum to any other without changing notes in your arrangement is now possible.

The Instruments in Berlin Percussion offer a range of dynamics never heared before and with CAPSULE we were able to create absolutely smooth transition curves between all these dynamic layers to come as close to the real instrument as possible. The propensity to detail, the extensive set of articulations and the different mallets you can choose from make Berlin Percussion a suberb Orchestral Composing Tool which is designed to be used for many a year.

Like all Berlin Series Collections, Berlin Percussion will use the most powerful articulation system CAPSULE within Kontakt which is especially designed to unveil all the potential that lies in our extensive Sample Content.

Listen to some demo composition made by Benny Oschmann, Stan Berzon and Ben Botkin.
In the Soundcloud descriptions you can see which Berlin Percussion patches were used.

Highlights

- Multiple Instrument Concept
build your own percussion ensembles out of 7 different Snare Drums, 4 different Bass Drums,...

- Recorded at the Teldex Scoring Stage

- Extensive Articulations Sets

- Uniform Mapping Structure

- Different Mallets for respective instruments

- Based on CAPSULE with additional features:
- Choose between XFade and Velo Switch in any velocity controlled patch
- True Damping Feature: Like a percussionist you´re always able to damp the ringing instrument with specifically recorded release samples

- 3 sizes of Piatti

- A 2 Octave range Tubular Bells Set

- Works with the free Kontakt Player or Kontakt 5 full

https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/berlin_percussion.php

Berlin Percussion Pricing
499.- Normal Price
420.- Pre-Order Special until release date October, 16
All pricing + applicable VAT

Percussion + Timpani Bundle
Berlin Percussion Main does not include Timpani, because we sample these very extensively over several days of recording with "The Timpani" which now becomes "Berlin Percussion EXP A: The Timpani" with a free upgrade for existing users.

Both Collections are available as an attractive bundle deal.
Berlin Percussion Main + Berlin Percussion EXP A: The Timpani
580.- Normal Price
499.- Pre-Order Special until release date October, 16
All pricing + applicable VAT
https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/berlin_percussion_bundle.php

Last edited:
one more chapter done! congratulations for the beautiful work, superb sound and expression.. in the continuity of the previous volumes

Hi Guys!

Here is our second screencast about Berlin Percussion.
The topic this time: Mallets & Keys.

Together with our Mallets & Keys screencast we also love to show you a demo by Stan Berzon.
The Berlin Percussion patches used are listed in the Soundcloud description.

Find further information about our upcoming collection on the product site:
(broken link removed)

Really enjoyed listening to Benny's and Stan's demos! I'm excited about this library. Hendrik, how large is Berlin Percussion in terms of GB? I want to make sure I have enough space on my SSD. Thanks! Keep up the great work.

Thanks! These sound great. Does this mean there will be a capsule version of The Glock? Would love to update it as I wait for this release. :)

Sounds amazing and I admit I had to check out if the strings were real recording or samples. So I guess Berlin Strings are on my list as well

Really enjoyed listening to Benny's and Stan's demos! I'm excited about this library. Hendrik, how large is Berlin Percussion in terms of GB? I want to make sure I have enough space on my SSD. Thanks! Keep up the great work.

Hi JW, the library is 75GB (ncw compressed)

Thanks! These sound great. Does this mean there will be a capsule version of The Glock? Would love to update it as I wait for this release. :)

Hi Kurtvanzo! No, there will be no Capsule update for The Glock because we will integrate it completely in Berlin Percussion. It will no longer be available as a single product.

Hi Kurtvanzo! No, there will be no Capsule update for The Glock because we will integrate it completely in Berlin Percussion. It will no longer be available as a single product.
Sorry to hear this. Love the Glock, but it could really use capsule to switch articulations- has been indispensable for me on Nocturne violin. Not sure I have the space (75GB!) or $$$ for this Perc Library right now (especially just for this function). I hope you will eventually consider an update (since the samples are the same and the capsule integration work has been done for this perc library) for those that purchased The Glock in the past and have been supporting the instruments even before they became a full library. ;) Thanks for all your hard work on this, an amazing percussion library, congrats! :)

After watching these videos, I am a little bummed. Firstly, I am one of those composers who likes mixed mic perspectives and that was a big reason why I didn't end up getting Berlin Strings. Another is the fact that I feel like you guys missed some important articulations, especially since you used the word "effects" to describe a lot of what the Non-pitched percussion do and that goes for pitched as well. Where are the superball articulations for the Concert Bass drum, Gongs, and cymbals? How about bowed tam tams and glock? I love the timpani but this is also a library that is missing a lot of cool FX that could be done and weren't?

Okay, so with that criticism, I do like this library. I think it sounds superb and hope that future expansions would include more of what I listed above as again, those are samples we just don't get and the ones on the market currently are severely outdated.

Lastly, as someone who owns The Glock, will I be getting a discount since you are including it in this library?

Where are the superball articulations for the Concert Bass drum, Gongs, and cymbals? How about bowed tam tams and glock? I love the timpani but this is also a library that is missing a lot of cool FX that could be done and weren't?

Expansions.
These days, there's always FX expansions.

Or updates.
Everyone loves updates.

Alright, I'll shoosh now.

Top Bottom