What's new

Orchestral Samples in SSD and Hybrid Library/Perc in HDD work?

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
After years and years of collecting plenty of libraries my 4 slot mac pro drives are getting tight on space. I have all SSD except for one which is HDD for loops (non kontakt)...
The matra normally goes, its better to have SSD, which i agree, but between price and leaving large templates at bay in exchange for smaller more hybrid templates i wonder if i should just put all the hybrid style libraries, as well as omnisphereand loops in one large HDD... like 4-8tb in size and move the more orchestral towards the SSD only. so basically replacing the 1tb HDD drive for a 8tb and add all the hyrbid libraries. ive seen folks write about using 7200rpm drives and being ok with it in their workflow. i know there is plenty of threads about it but wondering the hybrid vs orchestral side of things in relation to HHD vs SSD and if its any different. Or just how are others dividing their samples.. etc.

OP
gsilbers

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
Sorry. Long post to ask how u guys dealing with hybrid sample libraries vs pure orchestral (if any difference)hard wise

Top Bottom