What's new

Orchestral music exercise (Sibelius 6.2 with NotePerformer)

Mike Marino

Hi All!

I've been working on writing a piece of orchestral music, mainly as a practice exercise to work on taking what I 'hear' in my brain and getting onto 'paper.' In this case I'm simply using Sibelius (6.2) along with NotePerformer. I'd love to get your takes/opinions/feedback as to where I can improve in my writing. For this practice piece I was mainly trying to see what I could do using just a single theme.

Here's the piece:

Thoughts?

- Mike

Rob

Love it Mike! Well written and consistent... the beauty of Noteperformer is it gives a reasonable aproximation of what your piece will sound, enough to keep you focused on composing...

OP
Mike Marino

Mike Marino

Much appreciated, thank you all! I have some small changes I'd like to make to it, and probably a do a version that includes some modulations as well.

the beauty of Noteperformer is it gives a reasonable aproximation of what your piece will sound, enough to keep you focused on composing...
Couldn't agree more!

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Noteperformer sounds great (for what it is). There's been a few tracks posted here recently that have sounded pretty good using it. I'm trying to start writing like this myself, rather than using a DAW, so is interesting to listen to other pieces written this way.

I like your track too. It sticks to the theme, varies it up enough, and is interesting to listen to. Well done. :)

Top Bottom