Orchestral library for 1000€

handz

I was just playing with my GOLD version of HO and.... sorry, there is nothing as good for the money, even the woodwinds are really nice, great tone. My only issue are the bones, which has a bit muffled tone but horns and Cellos - wow. The cellos have the best lush Hollywood tone, loved them since first demos.

handz

Personally I'd start with Hollywood Orchestra. It litterally has everything you need to cover all bases and then some. Very generous amount of patches and some of the FX patches are incredible (noteably brass) + it's on offer ATM until the end this month. Sure it's not as quick to work with as some other libraries and takes a little time to set up, but well worth every penny.
  • Dimond Edition RRP $932 Sale price $466
  • Gold Edition RRP $665 Sale price $332
Link: http://www.soundsonline.com/hollywood-orchestra

Then with the spare $ left over you can wait for the other sales and pick up anything else you need. Like choirs, solo instruments or epic cinematic perc stuff... Or you could just use composer cloud (like others have mentioned) and use everything East West have.

Wow $332... that's a steal...
I have gold - but not percussions (they were not available when I was shopping) I Would like to upgrade them to diamond. And... am I getting something wrong or the update really cost $188??! per section?!
the whole Diamond is $466 so the upgrade from gold to diamond should be like $35 per section now, right?

James H

01001000 01101001
Wow $332... that's a steal...
I have gold - but not percussions (they were not available when I was shopping) I Would like to upgrade them to diamond. And... am I getting something wrong or the update really cost $188??! per section?!
the whole Diamond is $466 so the upgrade from gold to diamond should be like $35 per section now, right?
The upgrades are not included in this 50% sale. Hopefully an upgrade sale around summer

I have just about every effing orchestral library out there, but i'm tempted to buy this, lol! The library seems like a freakin no brainer if you're just starting out. It seems to be flooding with options! Part of me wishes i could just return everything ive purchased over the years and just bought something simple like this and could use it for decades to come.
I have a question for you...

If you could start again what libraries would you buy and limit yourself to for the rest of your scoring life?

Mike Fox

I have a question for you...

If you could start again what libraries would you buy and limit yourself to for the rest of your scoring life?
Hm...dang, good question! Probably these...

Afflatus
Soaring Strings
CAGE
Symphobia (all of them!)
ProjectSAM's orchestral harp
Cineperc
Cinepiano
Cineharpsichord
Joby Burgess perc
Arva
Damage
Thrill
Omnisphere
APE
Ark 1 & 3
Dark Matter

I'm totally undecided on brass and choir at this point, as I've yet to find a "go-to", but the brass and choir in the Arks are outstanding, I also compose mostly modern horror, hence the aleatoric stuff and lack of a standalone woodwind library on my list.

If i was forced to making only 1 purchase it would probably be the Orchestral Essentials or Inspire bundle.

Last edited: