Orchestra noises sample library?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by poetd, Mar 14, 2019.

1. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Does anyone know of an Orchestra noises sample library?

Chair scrapes, warming up, score page turning, throat clearing etc.

?

Thanks in advance.

2. Leon Portelance

Leon Portelance Composer | Songwriter

Jan 2, 2017
    Corning, California
    I believe that BellaD has a free one.

poetd likes this.
  3. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Cinesamples has a free one too. Here's a link to the one mentioned above too.

Broojacker and poetd like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Thanks guys!

The cinesamples one seems to be just room tone unless I'm missing something?

Any more suggestions welcome too. :)

Cheers.

5. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Correct. Sorry, I just lump noise floor together with those other noises.

poetd likes this.
  6. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    I know I have a few, but they are all mixed into other products. If I'm not mistaken, OT's Time has some? I also want to say ISW's Rhapsody Colors has some. I could be totally wrong here. I know I've come across musicians noises in at least one of my Kontakt libraries. I also think one of the Sonokinetic ones has it - Tutti FX? But I don't have that one yet.

poetd likes this.
  7. wilifordmusic

wilifordmusic Member

Jan 28, 2012
    All the noises you requested are in the BelaD freebie.

8. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    8dio adagio violins as tuning fx:

• Ens FX Ensemble Tuning
    • Ens FX Divisi Tuning
    And I'm trying to remember what's all in the Albion one fx patches...

poetd likes this.
  9. ReelToLogic

ReelToLogic Still have my reel-to-reel

Jun 24, 2018
    If you happen to have ProjectSAM's Orchestral Essentials 2, it has a bonus patch called "Tuning and Silence" that covers some of what you're looking for.

On a side note, I registered for the Bela D newsletter so that I could download the free orchestra sounds library referenced above and while I was there I also downloaded their free Soprano demo library. Both RAR files downloaded and appeared to unpack OK, but neither one loaded correctly into Kontakt (UI has blank/missing elements, can't find a file, no sound, etc). Anyone else have issues with the free orchestra noises library on a Mac?

poetd likes this.
  10. BelaDMedia

BelaDMedia New Member

Are you using a Kontakt player or retail Kontakt 6?

11. OP
    OP
    poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Well, BellaD don't seem to want to email me.

Are there no other libraries available for purchase (other than within bigger orch libraries)?

Big gap there then for someone, given how much time we devote to trying to achieve realism in our work you'd think someone would have done a library like this by now.

12. OP
    OP
    poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I though this was just a comment on the library itself, heh. :)

ism likes this.
  13. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Iirc the NI Symphony Series collections have tuning and/or warmup articulations for many sections. I doubt this is the way to go for realism though...

14. ReelToLogic

Jun 24, 2018
    Thanks for the response. I'm using the latest full version of Kontakt 5. Do these libraries require Kontakt 6?

15. BelaDMedia

BelaDMedia New Member

REQUIREMENTS

Presently all products require the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt. Our products do not include a Player/Engine/VSTi. Any Player/Engine/VSTi you may own from another product cannot be used. This includes the free Kontakt player or demo modes. Native Instruments Kontakt 4/5. Not tested to date in Kontakt 6.

NO SOUND ON LAUNCH
    All products using the VT Script require you to first select an element. Open a nki. file within Kontakt and click on the “Elements” or “Empty” tab. Then scroll via the drop-down menu to select an item. Once selected, it will appear in the VT window and it can now be heard via MIDI trigger.

The above is the only reason we can think of as to why you are not hearing sound. Make sure the right side window is showing and element from the drop down menu.

ps. We are only available during evening hours. I did respond to you right away on here. I am just now at the studio and will check emails. Also, BDM was the first to create the scoring noise concept and we hope to have a new version (not free but very affordable) coming shortly.

If you are still having trouble, please don't hesitate to email or even PM me here (to be safe).

TGIF
    Dawn

LinusW and ReelToLogic like this.
  16. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
    I know sometimes multipart .rar files work better with some extractors than others. Here's a short writeup by @paoling from a couple years ago:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/rar-extracting-issues.66175/#post-4146909

Not sure if @BelaDMedia has a particular extractor they recommend, but it might be worth trying a different one and seeing if that fixes the issue.

17. barteredbride

barteredbride New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Plenty of those noises in Ark 2 ! :grin:

18. ReelToLogic

Jun 24, 2018
    Thanks for the response. I'm still having issues, but rather than hash it out here, I'll PM you with some screen shots and see if we can work out what's happening.

Thanks also to Wally - - I unpacked two RAR files but they were for two different libraries (each sample library only had one RAR file), so I the problem was not a multi-part .rar file issue.

Wally Garten likes this.
  19. BelaDMedia

BelaDMedia New Member

Almost postive you should be good to go now. Ill check my PMs for your report back.

Francis

ps. We will forward you a copy of the new Scoring Noise when it's ready. Thanks for hanging in.

20. BelaDMedia

BelaDMedia New Member

Consona, Wally Garten, poetd and 2 others like this.