What's new

Orb Composer Hexachord 1.5 upgrade

In case of melodies I think the biggest advantage is the way they now make a whole song out of your melody you can import as midi, they call this "smart melody harmonizer" and for me the video here:

is really amazing. Together with the midi editing this opens up lots of possibilities.

As there are so many really new added functionallity I will take weeks to go threw it and I am very happy that this time they added videos on the channel where the above video is to all of this new functions so that has improved to. There is no complete user manual as far as I have looked but a starting guide for the 1.5 so I think I will be really busy the next weeks with this :)

have you tried with any midi files? is it only for single channel/track midi melody files, or does it work with any midi files for example pop music midi files with all the rhythms and drums, and intelligently turn it into an orchestral piece?

Hi people,

I am new member here.

I have found the way to open old files from Orb Composer 1.4.5 in the new version 1.5.0 (using Windows). I have simply changed file extensions from (older) ".oc" to (new) ".oc15" and now I can open all the older files from the (older) version 1.4.5 in the new version 1.5.0...

Hi everyone. I'm a new member.

I think they're free to do whatever they want but at this point in development I would have prioritized building brand loyalty over making a quick buck, I think this might backfire whenever they have more competitors.

I personally feel a bit sour after being patient with the company and waiting for them to fix some serious bugs, performance and functionality issues before making me pay again after 8 months. But as I said, I don't think it's totally unfair, it's their company, their product and they choose whatever price policy they want.

This move made me rethink my workflow and I realized I don't use Orb all that much anyway, so I opted to put my license for sale. check out this post if you're interested. I still think it has a lot of potential but unfortunately they lost me.

Last edited:
I have found the way to open old files from Orb Composer 1.4.5 in the new version 1.5.0 (using Windows). I have simply changed file extensions from (older) ".oc" to (new) ".oc15" and now I can open all the older files from the (older) version 1.4.5 in the new version 1.5.0...

Got a quick hint from support that this is NOT A GOOD IDEA ! Project will crash soon when you change anything in the project, better wait for the fix which is in work at the moment and will come ASAP

Hello. I am new member. Anyone using Orb Composer 1.5 have problems with Solo Violin and Solo Cello? when I drop them in there is no sound playing

Have you got all your articulations set up?

when I drag either solo violin or solo viola into the theme block, and double click to create melodies for either section, the bar came out blue in color and articulation set as "perc". Tried changing articulation but crash after one to three changes. The orb piano are not playing any sound either, and only one "universal" box to drag in vst in there. Is yours working with sounds?

when I drag either solo violin or solo viola into the theme block, and double click to create melodies for either section, the bar came out blue in color and articulation set as "perc". Tried changing articulation but crash after one to three changes. The orb piano are not playing any sound either, and only one "universal" box to drag in vst in there. Is yours working with sounds?

Orb Composer 1.5 still has a lot of bugs, best thing to do is contact their support team.

Three months after 50% off at plugin boutique.....where I purchased it.
Suddenly, a BLACK FRIDAY SALE 2019. I mean wow, that's fast....

You seem to be suggesting that Orb Composer is going to be available at a reduced cost, again, during the sale you specify. Is it more of a wishful suggestion, or is it based on developer or retailer declaration?

If I was to speculate, I would not be surprised to see Orb Composer discounted for Black Friday or some other reason around that time.

There is a reference on another post, either on VI Control or KVR-Audio, to Orb Composer previously indulging in such seasonal sale. I guess there's no reason why they shouldn't do it again?

It actually went on sale for Black Friday, and as much as 50% off. I don't know who's deciding the pricing policy on Hexacords team but as a former customer I feel I've being tricked a bit to the point I sold my licence after being fed up with the update paywall. But that's just me having a tantrum :D

For those who still don't own a licence this is great news :)

Last edited:
Great news if you want terribly buggy software with almost zero support and a strictly run Discord server that has more rules than could be counted on two hands. You literally get banned for asking for help from the company on it's Discord server.

Hahaha, fair point. Never tried to use Discord but from their ticketing system I got the impression they weren't too much into fostering customer loyalty. But that's just my impression. I opted out recently and sold my licence and haven't looked back.

I wouldn't be surprised now they have serious competition with initiatives like AWS DeepComposer and such... I hope not though, it showed potential.

Well darn it. I don't have a copy of the update that I can see. Last version I have is 1.45. :sad:

It is still available at Plugin Boutique but I don't think owning it already will let you download it from there.

Top Bottom