What's new

Orange Tree?

Not even mentioning how Passion Flute is absolutely screaming for Anderson- styled playing, but judging from the name of it, font resemblance and the certain color scheme, I have a feeling that being "kind of Jethro Tull- ish" wasn't really a coincidence from their side.
You might be right, but in the early days Orange Tree was obsessed with fruits. Not only the company name, but the first three releases: Cherry, Strawberry and Pear. The other night I said Passion Flute out loud and suddenly realised for the first time how similar it sounds to passion fruit. Can't believe it took me that long.

In case the OP hasn't gotten a sufficient answer yet,besides having great libraries Greg is probably the model of a 1st class developer.
Always innovative,creative,open to customer feedback and always available to help.
IMO the Orange Tree business model,website,the Orange Slice program is probably the most intuitive ,transparent websites in the VI industry.I wish more developers would follow his lead.....
You know what products you have, what's available and at what price if you buy a new library individually or in a bundle.
He rewards his customers and is probably generous to a fault with his sales.
Example: if there's a Orange Tree sale you can also apply Orange slices you've accumulated from previous purchases and apply(further reduction) to the sale price.
OT never penalizes or nickel and dimes the customers.
Yeah I confess we all Love Greg!
It must be some sort of Mind Control ;)

Last edited:
Not only the company name, but the first three releases: Cherry, Strawberry and Pear.

OMG, after all these years, I can't believe I never made that connection. Not until you just pointed it out. I always thought it was odd to name an upright bass "Pear" and never noticed the fruit theme with the other instruments. Passion Flute went right over my head. Apparently I couldn't see the orchard for the trees.

OMG, after all these years, I can't believe I never made that connection. Not until you just pointed it out. I always thought it was odd to name an upright bass "Pear" and never noticed the fruit theme with the other instruments. Passion Flute went right over my head. Apparently I couldn't see the orchard for the trees.
I thought Pear had to do with the shape (it is kind of pear-shaped) Yeah, I am slow too...

Some may have noticed a familiar name on Cinesamples libs ?
e.g. _ CineBrass Pro Crew _ Programmed and Scripted by: Greg Schlaepfer

I've got their 'Mesawinds', 'Angelic Harp', and 'Angelic Zither' libraries. The former two I use regularly, the latter was more a 'thingy' I bought alongside the other two and have only really used once. Nonetheless, all three are great, and haven't regretted buying them for a moment.

The Angelic Harp is my no.1 harp and I'd recommend it to everyone. Of all the virtual harps I have (8 or so) it's the only one that truly, genuinly sounds like a harp to me. The magic's in the retriggered notes working like an actual harp playing the same string multiple times rather than a (round robin) sample being triggered multiple times. And also it doesn't sound so damn 'plucky', which is a problem I have with many a harp VI.
It does have a lot of bottom end, though, which can build-up a lot, so I always EQ a rather significant chunk out of it - but that's the only little minus I could give it, honestly.

I've done a demo for them (Evolution Texas Twang), and provided feedback on a prerelease version of Evolution Songwriter, and I've found that, even when using pre-release products, that their products are uniformly excellent.

Last edited:
I have the Songwriter and Rock Standard. Love them both. Rock Standard can do so many different sounds, it's incredibly versatile.

Generally wondering about their stuff and anyone here who has used, what you thought about whatever you used etc.
I bought the Strawberry and lap steel in the group buy last year. They sound excellent and very easy to get authentic bends. I used them in a feature film score.

I thought Pear had to do with the shape (it is kind of pear-shaped) Yeah, I am slow too...
I think it's that as well though. OTS was going to name the library after a fruit, and chose pear because of the shape of the instrument. I think Strawberry and Cherry were chosen because of the colour of the guitar and bass guitar. Passion Flute may well have been a combination of the fruit theme as well as the Jethro Tull influence that @Henu suggested.

It's a shame they stopped. Evolution Banana, Evolution Pineapple, Evolution Rockmelon, Evolution Watermelon, Evolution Blueberry, Kiwi Flute, Grape Flute... so many more possibilities.

Tull is my favourite band of all time, and thus it is no surprise that I have seen them the most of any band live. I bought Passion Flute, and Bela D's (Tarilonte's) Retro Flute prior to that. Both filled a purpose for a while, but I end up using SWAM's flutes the most now, until replacing with VSL in final production. I actually feel that there are more good flute choices than other woodwinds overall.

Top Bottom