What's new

Orange Tree Samples 2019 Group Buy - NOW 60% OFF!!

Is anyone out there using Mind Control these days? Not talking about the Kontkat multiscript, but actual telekinetic abilities.

...Just kidding, I'm talking about Orange Tree Samples' multiscript. It's a few years old, but I still do use Kontakt's instruments banks sometimes.
Yes, all the time. Oh, wait. You mean OTS's one. Yeah, I forget I have it. I should really try it out and see what it does. And now I will forget I said that.

Anyone use the slide guitars - pedal steel or acoustic? I'm seeing walkthrough videos from 2014 that sound somewhat okay, but always tough to tell in walkthroughs. You can tell in the video that they don't sound quite as good as more recent stuff, but there aren't a lot of slide options on the market. And curious if there's a point to having these if there are other OTS libraries allow for slide among the many articulations. (researching that now).
I have both libraries (SLIDE Acoustic & SLIDE Lap Steel). But I'm afraid I can't answer your question very well, as I have not used them much. But I plan to in the near future.

But my guess is that both products require a fair amount of finesse and skill. IMO, you're not going to get super authentic slide guitar sounds plucking a few notes on a midi keyboard. The pitch bend, vibrato, and expression controls will be a huge factor.

i already have the corepear, Jaco and Evo Rick Bass. The Flatwound and RoundWound do sounds great, but I'm not sure what differenciate them appart from the Evo Rick Bass. I'm not a bass player, and mostly do cinematic stuff, so It feel like I'm covered with CorePear, Jaco and Rick Bass. For those of you who have these basses, What would you say?

How much more for the bass bundle for you? That's usually how I make my decision. They sound good. However, also not a bass player so I really can't say if they are more useful or not.

not that expensive, 92$. But if I'm not going to use them much, I'm not sure how much it's really worth it for me. But the OTS products are always top notch and nice to have at end when needed. Might keep it for some guitars instead...

At $92, I might think twice about it if I didn't need it. They will have another group buy sale next year. You can see if the ones you got fill your needs.

The guitars are great too and probably more useful than another bass

Seems several time in past this has worked. When signed in, and bundle selected, previously purchased products are substracted. Just worked with Big Bottom Bundle when owning all but Flatwound /Roundwound Bass.

Does anyone know: Is there an upgrade path from single products to a bundle?

Yes... if you log into your account, you'll see the products you have, the products you don't have, and the discounted price to obtain any bundles containing those products. This is why Orange Tree's system and website often receive such high praise.

Missed it by a day because I was sure I read 23rd.
I'll be sad for another year now.
This is why you put one item in early. You don't have to buy that item, but you get in to the group buy. I've switched what I was going to buy before without a problem. :)

This is why you put one item in early. You don't have to buy that item, but you get in to the group buy. I've switched what I was going to buy before without a problem. :)
Glorious idea: you buy an extra evolution songwriter and I'll buy it from you afterwards.:emoji_cry:
Ugh I'm really mad at myself about this one.

Actually this should work, right?
Would anyone be willing to do this?
I'd throw in a little tip. Could I bribe anyone?

Last edited:
Glorious idea: you buy an extra evolution songwriter and I'll buy it from you afterwards.:emoji_cry:
Ugh I'm really mad at myself about this one.

Actually this should work, right?
Would anyone be willing to do this?
I'd throw in a little tip. Could I bribe anyone?
Maybe you should try PM'ing Greg. For an actual sale, he might make an exception

damn i just found out about there stuff . i would have bought some stuff up for sure. super impressed by those guitar instruments and piano.

If you joined the group buy but haven't checked out yet, this is a reminder that group buy purchases must be completed within the next day or so (by August 12th, 2019 at 8 AM PDT).

If, in the next day or so, you want to purchase another round of libraries at the group buy prices, or to add to your existing order before checking out, you should be able to do those things by clicking on the link and/or using the discount code that Greg sent in an email when the group buy hit 1500.

I just remembered and completed my group buy purchases tonight -- thanks, Greg!

So I picked up the Evolution Songwriter, but I'm noticing the time for the progress bar to load samples into memory (not the initial load) is over a few minutes (off of an SSD, after a batch resave).
Anyone else experiencing that?

I'll try and move it to another drive.

So I picked up the Evolution Songwriter, but I'm noticing the time for the progress bar to load samples into memory (not the initial load) is over a few minutes (off of an SSD, after a batch resave).
Anyone else experiencing that?

I'll try and move it to another drive.
I use Songwriter quite a lot, and haven't noticed any slow loading times on that or any other Orange guitars.

After a batch resave? That is unusual. Although, at least I have read, do the batch resave in stand alone mode only.

Just tested mine...less than a second to load (stand-alone mode).

Top Bottom