Orange Tree Samples 2018 Group Buy - 60% OFF NOW!!

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by gregjazz, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    This, from the developer, talking about his own products, and acknowledging it's limitations (along with reasonably and quite rightly highlighting where its strengths are). Wow, I had heard universally positive things about Greg, and now I see why.

I couldn't decide between any of them - they all sounded great, so went for the Guitar bundle: $479 for 15 libraries! Incredible! I hadn't pulled the trigger until now, but Greg's honesty and transparency pushes me across the line.

Now bought (and couldn't resist the Core Pear Upright Bass either!), so 500/16 =$31 per library! Hard to beat!

I won't get to try them out for a while, due to other commitments, but downloading and activation is proving to be very straight forward.

Thanks Greg!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    gregjazz, CQrity, Satorious and 3 others like this.
  2. Mikelo

Mikelo Senior Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Both Rock Standard and Infinity are of top quality. I have both. More grit in Rock Standard but Infinity to me, Is just as superb. I love the built in effects but just try Infinity 'Big Boss' patch, leave all the effects on bar the delay. Add Nomad Factory s Echoes with the 'Leader' preset under guitars and then try and tear yourself away for the next 24 hours!

3. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    wow...that Songwriter guitar is just so good...I was already happy with the Steel strings and the Nylon guitars for the accoustic side, but I think that Songwriter just took the 1st place as my go to / favorite accoustic guitar. Special mention to the Jumbo 12 as well. More niche, but such as nice sound! Thanks again Greg!

4. michelsimons

michelsimons Senior Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Thinking about going for the Jumbo 12 (and Infinity) myself. What makes it more niche for you?

5. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    Well, niche was probably not the proper word, but it's just that to me, it's sounds is less versatile than the songwriter. I could use the songwriter in a lot of different tracks, while the Jumbo 12, given it's more distinct sound, have a more limited/specific usage in the kind of tracks I'm doing. But it doesn't remove any of it's qualities though. both are stellar and I'll have tons of fun using them! ;)

michelsimons likes this.
  6. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wow - I've had a few hours to play with just a couple of the full 15 instruments in the Guitar bundle, and what can I say but WOW! These things are awesome! I've been playing with Rock Standard, Songwriter and Core Pear Bass. Incredible how inspiring these things are. I've been using Spitfire's Albion One and Tundra for months now, and absolutely love these too, but it's obviously meant writing in a particular style. As a guitarist originally, it's been great to get back to playing jazz/rock/blues with these VIs. So flexible too! There are so many different patches within each, that makes a huge difference to the sound. Also, just changing from the neck to the bridge pickup has a really convincing change in the sound. I'm just scratching the surface, as there's endless tweaks, that don't just make a small subtle difference that you have to A/B test to hear, but bring a whole new colour. Hours and hours of fun ahead with these.

I'm finding the strumming more difficult to get to grips with, but that feels totally due to a need to get to understand how to make it sound right, rather than any limitation of the software. As should be expected, there's a learning curve, but just straight out of the box, picking and playing lead lines sounds awesome.

Thanks Greg - these are really inspiring. Can't recommend them enough.

7. Daniel

Daniel Senior Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Indonesia
    Evolution Dracus --> trailer / action battle cues genre
    Evolution Songwriter --> pop music/romantic/classic genre
    Evolution Strawberry --> pop rock/jazz (?)genre
    Am I doing right opinion for that research?
    Evolution Rosewood Grand no many people talk about it? :unsure:

8. Mikelo

Mikelo Senior Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Dracus = Rock and Metal!

Vastman likes this.
  9. Mannix

Mannix Member

Apr 30, 2018
    For metal, rock - Dracus or Shredder II or both?

Do they overlap or offer unique sounds and approaches etc, which is your preference?

10. Mikelo

Mikelo Senior Member

Dec 28, 2016
    I don't have either Dracus (yet) or Shreddage but if I was to pick out of the two, Dracus wins. Demos for both are excellent but for me personally it would be Dracus as I am custom to the evolution engine.

11. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Did EV Guitar Bundle to pick up Texas Twang, Jumbo12, Songwriter, Infinity :thumbsup:

Also have
    : 8-String Ebow Pad, Hulusi, Tiny Piano, Sonoma Harp.
    ..... maybe gonna add last (4) Misc Libs: Angelic Zither; Keys, Mind Control, Tiny Box,
    ( ~$30. with some Orange Slices ). so Greg has nothin left to sell me. :rofl:
    Thinkin, thinkin ......

michelsimons likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    gregjazz

gregjazz Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    California
    Today is the last day you can sign up for the group buy to get 60% OFF all our sample libraries and bundles right now.

As long as you sign up for even just one library on the group buy page before the signup period ends tomorrow, that will ensure that you're able to access the 60% OFF discount until the group buy officially ends on August 1st.

Head on over to the group buy page for more information:

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/group-buy

8SHWHPZF0D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  13. michelsimons

michelsimons Senior Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Just pull the trigger. ;)

In the end I went for Infinity, Jumbo 12 and TinyBox. But I am sure there will be more in the future. Especially with those tasty orange slices.

sostenuto likes this.
  14. Daniel

Daniel Senior Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Indonesia
    Yes,.. since I cannot produce Rock or Metal music so I plan to put it into trailer / action battle cues genre :cool:

15. paulmatthew

paulmatthew Senior Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Not sure if this was already asked but can these instruments be downloaded at any time ? I might get the entire guitar bundle but don't have room for all of them right now on the hard drives

16. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Yes, anytime

17. paulmatthew

paulmatthew Senior Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Excellent !! Thanks for the response

18. OP
    OP
    gregjazz

gregjazz Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    California
    As of today, the group buy signup period has officially concluded! If you joined the group buy, you have until August 1st at 8 AM PDT to complete your group buy order from the group buy section of your account.

Thank you all for participating and making this such a great sale!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Polkasound, floego, ChazC and 4 others like this.
  19. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    Man that 8-String Ebow Pad is probably the most underrated sample I have...but I use it in almost all of my cues. Such a great color. You use it with some pitch wheel bending and reverb and you're in for a very nice effect!

sostenuto likes this.
  20. househoppin09

househoppin09 Member

Jun 26, 2018
    So, to follow up on my previous post, I'd like to reiterate the praise now that I've finished making my group buy purchases. Of course, I didn't literally end up buying half of the Orange Tree product line--that would just have been silly.

I did, however, buy two-thirds of the product line. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.