Thanks for your input! I'm gonna try to create a visual concept later this month.The ideal articulation widget.. hmm...
- An array of buttons, dynamically displayed based on MIDI received from DAW.
Personally I use up to 60 buttons per instrument.
- Labels for these buttons are also dynamically displayed, and contain articulation names, which are different for each instrument.
- A clever method of storing the names. Something that's fast to create and edit (not 60 individual text fields, maybe a string with separators instead?)
- Subcategories? To divide the articulation button array into short / long for example? Subcategory labels should respond dynamically.
- Individual colour options per button, also dynamically changed.
- MIDI output on button pressed. Note On, Program Change and CC to cover all cases.
That's about it
@Grizzlymv Sadly yes, we do have limits because of the DAW :<
@vewilya Hey! I have no idea how Logic works. If there is anything like the "Generic remote" editor of Cubase, you should be able to use OSC easily as soon as your Mac and your daw receive the midi signal from the network.