What's new

Only 3 Days Left! - VSTBuzz: 60% off “Pattern Strings” by Ben Osterhouse - Normally €62 Now Only €25!

VSTBuzz

Deal: 60% off “Pattern Strings” by Ben Osterhouse

Value: €62
Discount: 60%
Price: €25

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-pattern-strings-by-ben-osterhouse!

“Pattern Strings” offers a unique approach to ostinatos by providing a collection of tempo-synced rhythmic fragments. These 19 rhythms have been recorded at two dynamic layers on violin, viola, cello, and bass, with 4 round robins.

The interface utilizes an intuitive drag and drop mechanic which allows you to arrange the rhythms into sequences in which all the rhythms flow together with natural phrasing and musicality.

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-pattern-strings-by-ben-osterhouse!

Ben Osterhouse Pattern Strings - 3 Min Walkthrough Video (60% off for a limited time)

Last edited:
it seems really really interesting.
however, I have already Komplete 13 collector edition. do you think it is an added value to emotive strings / action strings?

How large are the sections?
Hi Laddy,

The sections were originally recorded with a solo instrument, although there is a switch to Double the number of voices:
  • Double – Beef up the sound of an instrument by turning on doubling. Stereo-doubled samples have been rendered down, so turning this on won’t increase the number of voices or memory needed.
I'm sure @Ben Osterhouse can elaborate on this more.

@Welldone @Fever Phoenix @Leslie Fuller
The Kontakt 5.8.1 version has a number of issues with it, and is not officially supported, so I would highly recommend updating to Kontakt 6 before buying. There are 2280 groups, which were organized with a script in Creator Tools. Since Kontakt 5 can't use Creator Tools, I'd have to create all the groups manually without messing anything up. It was intentionally designed so that it could be possibly made K5 compatible later if there are enough people who'd like it in K5 though.

Last edited:
I didn't pull the trigger on this when released (usually get frustrated being 'boxed in' on these sort of libraries - BUT I do recognize that they have their utility / place. Pattern Strings sounds 'ok' (sometimes it sounds a bit robotic). For users who have worked with it - what is your mature impression having used it on projects? Thanks for the unvarnished opinion (if you have Oscillation Strings - really the same question.)

It's not really about the price (they are competitive) - but just so tired of buying things to collect digital dust on my HD's. ;)

I didn't pull the trigger on this when released (usually get frustrated being 'boxed in' on these sort of libraries - BUT I do recognize that they have their utility / place. Pattern Strings sounds 'ok' (sometimes it sounds a bit robotic). For users who have worked with it - what is your mature impression having used it on projects? Thanks for the unvarnished opinion (if you have Oscillation Strings - really the same question.)

It's not really about the price (they are competitive) - but just so tired of buying things to collect digital dust on my HD's. ;)
I think for the price, at least getting one or two of these releases is a no brainer.

I used Oscillation Strings in a paid project the second day I had them. I picked up Pattern Strings last night, and find it inspirational.

It reminds me of one way that Daniel James described the Contemporary Drama Toolkit. In the least, it can remind you that (paraphrasing), "Oh, yes, this sound exists," and help you form that into your project. Even if it doesn't make it into the final project (which it certainly can), it provides value and does so efficiently.

Sorry if this seems to bee a dumb question but after looking some of the videos and reading the description I still not get how this really works. On the one hand "loops" but it seems that there are midi tracks with chords feed into it, so this looks like a real playable instrument ? I am not much into orchestra but it sounds nice so I wonder if this is playable like it looks would be nice. Additional: is there a midi out/drag and drop of the patterns ?

Hi @KarlHeinz, I'm not sure this answers your question, but yes it is like a real playable instrument in that there are individual samples for each key. You are just limited in what rhythms you choose.

Hi @KarlHeinz, I'm not sure this answers your question, but yes it is like a real playable instrument in that there are individual samples for each key. You are just limited in what rhythms you choose.
can the rythms/patterns be drag & drop into the DAW so other samples could play the same phrases or it's limited within the library only?

Top Bottom