What's new

Only 3 days left! - VSTBuzz: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra Gold” by EastWest Sounds - Now Only €219!

VSTBuzz

Deal: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra Gold” by EastWest Sounds (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS)

Value: €546
Discount: 60%
Price: €219

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-hollywood-orchestra-gold-eastwest-sounds!

“HOLLYWOOD ORCHESTRA GOLD” is the combination of Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion; collectively the most detailed and comprehensive orchestral virtual instrument collection available.

Produced by DOUG ROGERS, NICK PHOENIX, and THOMAS BERGERSEN and Sound Engineered by SHAWN MURPHY (ACADEMY AWARD, C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society), BAFTA, and EMMY award-winning sound engineer) this is the culmination of over seven years of recording, editing, and programming, and is a must have compositional tool for serious composers!

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-hollywood-orchestra-gold-eastwest-sounds!

Shit, i just bought the Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra and Albion one on sale... And now this?!

Worst part is, i will probably end up with this too now..

Shit, i just bought the Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra and Albion one on sale... And now this?!

Worst part is, i will probably end up with this too now..

Well, not to worry …. :roflmao: I have had KH_Diamond for many months and lots left to discover/uncover. Albion One, as well. No criticism of this content, but you have some quality tools to enjoy !
Depends a ton on what you are doing, but a bit early for buyers' remorse … IMHO :P

Well, not to worry …. :roflmao: I have had KH_Diamond for many months and lots left to discover/uncover. Albion One, as well. No criticism of this content, but you have some quality tools to enjoy !
Depends a ton on what you are doing, but a bit early for buyers' remorse … IMHO :P
That is definitely true, East West just have some amazing things in this that i would love to add to my collection, especially the extra amount of articulations, the percussion and especially the Brass

But i should probably think about it for a week or two (and for my wallets sake i hope it is over before i decide)

Get it while it’s hot. This is a great price for a sweet encompassing bundle. I have both Gold and Diamond. Love them. Gold is handy, Diamond is huge. And Play works just fine.

Can you sell EW products? Just wondering because I already have HW strings and brass gold. So I only would have use for the winds and percussion. It is a good price still. But EW regularly has 50% off sales if I'm only getting a deal on the two parts.

Edited: Just found the thread. No resale. So probably not worth it now.

Last edited:
Of all the libraries I've bought, Hollywood Orchestra is one of my favorites. I have the Diamond version but often simply use what would be "Gold". Highly recommended, especially at the price.

Glad I bought Albion One yesterday and simply don't have the money, otherwise I might have been tempted by this sale for all the wrong reasons.

Great timing! Yesterday, I was asking which libraries would work well with the Bernard Hermann library and this was suggested...

Purchased & Downloading now...

can someone tell me how articulations are handled in this library? are there pre-defined keyswitches? or other?

can someone tell me how articulations are handled in this library? are there pre-defined keyswitches? or other?
There are keyswitch patches but IRC they are late additions and they don't cover all articulations. The great number of articulations are mostly on different patches.

Last edited:
There are keyswitch patches but IIC they are late additions and they don't cover all articulations. The great number of articulations are mostly on different patches.

so if i want two specific articulations i have to load and handle 2 different patches?

so if i want two specific articulations i have to load and handle 2 different patches?
It depends on the specific articulation combination you're looking for. The most common ones can be found all on one patch. But the more exotic ones won't be on it.
Have a look for yourself, section 4-6 : https://www.soundsonline-forums.com/docs/EW-QL_Hollywood-Strings-Gold_Manual.pdf

As I said, this is a great deal. Two caveats though : 1. A SSD is, if not mandatory, very recommended. 2. The gold version does not have the close mic position, so even if it's a pretty dry library, you're getting a bit of room. The day they sell an upgrade for the Gold X version, it will be an instabuy for me.

My personal opinion for anyone just buying a decent orchestral library from someone who owns both Hollywood Gold and Albion 1,2, and 4, is buy Hollywood Gold and don't look back. I blew almost $1500 on those 3 Albions, buying one after the other trying to fill in holes in the other library. I got HG on half price ($225 I think?) and never looked back. I use it almost exclusively while those Albions collect dust. The pros: the instruments are not drenched in reverb so you can get more clarity, you have sections to write for that are clearly in their own spaces like a real orchestra instead of just Hi strngs/low strings/hi brass, etc, quite a few solo instruments, and orchestral percussion. I'm not knocking Albions in any way and still use them here and there, sometimes quite a bit if the piece requires it. But if I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I'd have just bought HG and spent the cash on other libraries other than the Albions.

Albion is clearly not a contender to Hollywood : it would rather be Symphonic Orchestra.
I have EWQL orchestra, platinum, and have always wondered if it would be smart move to grab HWO Gold :I like those close mics, especially for percs and Winds. But anyway, my system would have trouble copping with Diamond strings.
My question would be :considering EW goes on sale permanently, is it interesting to take this Gold offer now ?Wouldn't it barred me from getting an interesting upgrade toward Diamond further down the road VS buying Diamond directly at a later date from an EW sale ?

I bought the Platinum Symphonic version a while back and find it simply superb. Beautiful recording technique and well fleshed out samples, and as mentioned dry enough to do whatever you want with them. While the "Air" sound in the Spitfire stuff is a pleasant ambiance, it's there whether you like it or not unless you use the close mics and pan things around. The Eastwest instruments come with a lot of convolution reverb choices that are top notch and include the original recording space. There is also a comprehensive SSL channel strip with compression, eq, etc available on a per track basis. Bottom line is, with Symphonic it's very easy to maintain clarity on large ensembles.

I would suggest waiting for the next Symphonic sale event, there have been two already this year. I also like Albion Tundra for its rather specialized sound, but honestly Symphonic is easily a couple notches up from the Albions. For one thing Symphonic is velocity sensitive, you don't have to ride the modwheel as much as with the Albions. Of course with top end orchestra packages you have to work harder to get the full orchestra sounds that just fall out of the box with the Albions (and admittedly with Masse as part the Spitfire orchestra), but the effort is worth it unless you are horribly pressed for time.

Symphonic offers keyswitches for almost every articulation, but also a clever way of efficiently loading individual "KS Elements" articulations that spares memory and avoids issues with accidentally stepping on switches. It quite easy to load up several generic tracks which can be quickly set to carry specific articulations, and easily swapped between articulations as you develop your sound without having to load more tracks. In one approach a fully keyswitched track can be used to audition sounds, and then manually managed "KS Elements" tracks can be individually adjusted to contain just the specific chosen articulations. You can also set up multiple individual articulation per "KS Element' track (ie. multis) and use the excellent built in mixer to balance things out between multiple articulations on a per track basis.

Last edited:
That's a great collection at a great price. I already own some of them.

A question to VSTbuzz: Considering the price of all the 4 libraries are the same, would it be possible to offer an upgrade price based on the number of libraries already owned?

If that option would be possible, I think you would sell a ton of them!

[
I saw this recommendation in the stickied "Guide to Orchestral VSTs" too. Any thoughts on why Hollywood specifically seems to require a SSD, more so than other large sample libraries? Is it something to do with the Play engine?
The samples take a longer time to load from a HDD than samples of similar sizes from other libraries. That's all. But I wouldn't call it a deal breaker.

Top Bottom