Only 3 days left! - VSTBuzz: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra Gold” by EastWest Sounds - Now Only €219!

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by VSTBuzz, May 15, 2018.

1. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Why would you wait for the next sale, is there a chance that it goes Lower than this or am I missing something?

2. korruptkey

korruptkey Active Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't GOLD go on sale for like $199 USD frequently?

[Edit] - That might just be for one lib, not the bundle.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. Shredoverdrive

Shredoverdrive Senior Member

Feb 7, 2018
    I think he's talking about Symphonic Orchestra, not Hollywood Orchestra.

4. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Oh, but considering the age of symphonic orchestra, wouldn't it be optimal to get Hollywood Orchestra at 60% off rather than symphonic orchestra at maybe 50%?

5. OP
    OP
    VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi there, unfortunately we're unable to sell each library separately.

6. Shredoverdrive

Shredoverdrive Senior Member

Feb 7, 2018
    I really think so but some people really like the Symphonic Orchestra. A different beast. The Platinum + edition, which doesn't exist for Hollywood has some nice features. Like the choice between 16 and 24 bit samples.

7. reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    Privately I've been receiving lots of questions about this deal, especially about the mic positions. I have the "Diamond" version of Hollywood strings and honestly I never use more than one mic position - the MAIN one. I wouldn't have any problem just using the Gold version that's included in this deal. Granted, the close mics in the diamond versions do sound lovely but I don't really use them at all.

There is an awful lot of information on this page about what's included in the package (arguably more than EastWest provide on their own site) and the library has been around for a few years now so there's lots of comparison videos out there too.

If anyone is on the fence I'd advise to sign up for Composer Cloud for the 30 day free trial, download the libraries (both diamond and gold) and see what you think about the mics.

Shredoverdrive likes this.
  8. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    I did some checking and the lowest price HW Gold Orchestra has gone in the last couple years is $299, but the usual sale price is closer to $330. However, if you have at least 2 of the sections, you may want to wait until next week where I understand the sections will be on sale for around $132 each. Most of the resellers have discount codes which will bring it in at just under the VSTBuzz price for the full orchestra. Unless you want the extra licenses for some reason.

Otherwise, I highly recommend buying it at the price VSTBuzz has it at.

amorphosynthesis likes this.
  9. robgb

robgb I Have Strong Opinions

Apr 6, 2016
    This is a great price, but I bought a month of Composer Cloud so I could check out Hollywood Gold in case there was ever a sale like this and I was underwhelmed. I know people love it, but it just didn't strike me as anything spectacular.

fretti likes this.
  10. Sid Francis

Sid Francis Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    near Cologne/ Germany
    Also a counter-opinion from me. I have The silver orchestra and never ever used anything from it: it is not the stone of wisdom (anymore) , it is just another tool now and I use my Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Ensembles instead :) and that was 89$ haha...I know I am special...don´t tell.

robgb likes this.
  11. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Isn't this a different product range? Silver orchestra is from a long time ago?

12. fixxer49

fixxer49 Bouncing Consultant

Jan 13, 2013
    New York, NY
    [rant alert] a big word of caution here (and this just may be a quirk of my system, but maybe not...):
    I own several perpetual licenses for EW stuff. I also picked up a Composer Cloud license to check out a few other libraries. something to do with the online licensing system caused me to lose almost two thirds of a day of work today.
    All of a sudden, no sound comes out of PLAY.

I've had a very big, densely orchestrated project open for about two days straight, spread over three computers/VEP etc... Granted, I don't use EW for a lot of stuff, but I happen to love the sound of the orchestral chimes in EWQLSO. my ENTIRE EW PLAY collection - including perpetual licenses - was disabled at some point over the last two days because of something i'm assuming has to do with the CC online licensing system resetting itself(?) it took me half the day of troubleshooting to realize that it wasn't VEP, it wasn't my network, wasn't iLok, or Pro Tools, etc... Maybe if i was a glass-half-full kind of chap (which I'm not) i'd say they did me a favor by forcing me to step away from a project for a break.

Not a happy "ccamper".

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  13. nemori

nemori Member

Dec 25, 2017
    I don't know if it's any different with the Holywood Orchestra, but with Symphonic Orchestra I got only 1 iLok license.

Now, if you're comfortable with iLok it might not be an issue, but otherwise I'd be a bit careful. Yesterday's Windows update broke my windows to a point, where I cannot install iLok License Manager and I'm afraid that if I do a proper reinstall of the whole system, all my licenses will be invalid (if they aren't already) and I won't be able to transfer them.

14. kaiyoti

kaiyoti Senior Member

Afaik, you most likely can contact vendors to transfer / recover, and I think you should also be able to use an ilok dongle (which has it's own flaws) to prevent problems like these.

15. nemori

nemori Member

Dec 25, 2017
    Well, I don't have any license left for the dongle, usually I got two or three licenses with software using iLok, but in this case I got only one, so no backup dongles. That's what I was trying to say.

I'm still trying to fix my computer, but if that doesn't work I'll have to contact EW and hope for the best.

16. T-LeffoH

T-LeffoH #CitizenSleuth

You can file a support ticket at their website and/or contact licensing@eastwestsounds.com to have them reset licenses in your account.

I recently had a motherboard replaced on one of my machines and they simply reset the licenses in my account on that specific machine in order to be reactivated again.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Wally Garten likes this.
  17. kaiyoti

kaiyoti Senior Member

+1, the vendors force our poor souls to use their DRM, they have the responsibility to solve these for you.

18. Sid Francis

Sid Francis Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    near Cologne/ Germany
    mouse: it is from the same time but the smallest package. only one mic position and i think less articulations and less dynamic levels than gold. As far as I remember Hollywood Orchestra Gold shows mostly 3 dynamic layers whereas silver has got 2 or so. But the general sound should be quite similar. I am talking of Hollywood Orch

19. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    EastWest wasn't initially on my radar at all - I saw myself only incrementally increasing my Spitfire libraries (currently have Albion & Tundra, eyeing up Olafur & SCS). However, the Orchestra Gold was a really tempting offer, and it made me start to look into the rest of EastWest's libraries, and then into Composer Cloud. I was actually really impressed. There are some great (and also not so great: I'm looking at you, 'Voices of the Empire'!!) libraries in there. 2 other things I also recently learned I think have tipped the scales for me: Play is now NKS compatible, so I can incorporate it much easier in my workflow, by using it as an instance in Komplete Kontrol. Second, I found @Vik's cello comparison thread very revealing: despite our considerable tribal loyalty here (I include myself, a Spitfire warrior!), if we can't pick out libraries in a blinded shoot out, then the differences between them are considerably less than the marketeers would have us believe.

So, I'm likely to give Composer cloud a try, particularly since they now don't require a physical iLok, and have a cancel any time monthly subscription. There are some gaps (yup, those choirs!), but this may cure me of my shiny-new library obsession: if I can't make something decent with access to $12,000 worth of samples, then lack of resources is clearly not the problem!

20. Oh man I wish I had purchased Percussion Gold a time ago now. Since I could have bought the Hollywood Diamond Orchestra Upgrade this time :unsure:

But then I would only be purchasing all this so I can come off the Composer Cloud Plus sub, so I would lose so many great new products...so perhaps I will pass on this :)