What's new

Only 3 Days Left! - VSTBuzz: 50% off “Ravenscroft 275” by VI-Labs - Normally €174 Now Only €87!

Hey guys I went and used the same MIDI file to compare Ravenscroft with a couple other pianos. Here's the private playlist:

I used the Pianoteq Stage Demo with the Steinway D (I strongly dislike Pianoteq but figured others might like the comparison)
Other pianos are Addictive Keys Grand Piano, The Grandeur, and obviously Ravenscroft, all default settings no tweaks.

Here’s the comparison I used that convinced me the Ravenscroft was for me.

This pushed me over the edge last night:

So far, I don't regret it (which is unusual). I expect it will give Garritan CFX (my current go-to) a run for the money. Pianoteq was my go-to for a couple years before Garritan. I love P's responsiveness, but my ears have kind of soured on its sound, especially after rendering to audio and playing back on my home stereo.

To summarize my last post, I think Ravenscroft is a great piano for more classical music or as a solo piano. I really like playing on it and it gives me a new sound that I didn't have with my other pianos. I find it doesn't sit in my mixes as well as the Grandeur or Addictive Keys.

Just buy it... I'm a professional pianist, mostly jazz, standards, Broadway etc and this piano is one of the absolute best VSTi you can buy at any price.. I've beta tested for a few companies, not Ravenscroft BTW, and own pretty much all of the top contenders and I keep going back to the Ravenscroft... I would describe it as a Yamaha with sophistication... It's bright and lively, but can be tamed, but it has an uncanny ring and clarity that no other VSTi piano I have tested has.. Notes are extremely consistent which is a big problem with some piano VSTi... It's not a woody, dark sounding piano like some Steinways. It's close to Ivory American D but with a lot more crispness in the sound but without sounding harsh.. BTW Delany's settings are out there on the net as are others and if you copy them the piano sounds exactly like his. One last thing is play-ability... You can catch notes with the pedal, no abrubt note off things happening and so forth.
Interface is really nice as well.

I've blathered enough.... Just buy it.. You'll love it especially at this price... Trust me...

I can. I currently have a trial version of Pianoteq. I found the Bechstein and Steingruber to be the best. You may like others. However neither of those can compare to the Ravenscroft. The low end of the Ravenscroft is magnificent. In every Pianoteq piano the low end is the weakest. Pianoteq is a nice alternative but just can’t compare to the Ravenscroft. Also The Ravenscroft is only around 5GB so no big hit on disk space.
thx. Is the playability somewhat compareable?

If you'll allow me to jump in:
IMHO, the VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 playability is the best of the sampled pianos I know, and almost on par with Pianoteq.
Just because I love your playing, do you have a demo of your playing this?

Just a gentle reminder that there are only three days left on our spectacular 50% off “Ravenscroft 275” by VI-Labs - Normally €174 Now Only €87!

If you'll allow me to jump in:
IMHO, the VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 playability is the best of the sampled pianos I know, and almost on par with Pianoteq.
I gladly concur that it’s very, very good. But the Pianoteq Steingraeber too, as is their Blüthner, still :)

Just because I love your playing, do you have a demo of your playing this?
Just found this bit of rough test-playing I did a few years ago, which includes the muted strike samples (controlled in real time via the Modwheel). Will leave it up on Soundcloud for a few days:

Where is documentation/manual for the Ravenscroft 275 that is available for printout ? I could not seem to find any anywhere...

Bob

Top Bottom