What's new

Only 3 Days Left! - VSTBuzz: 50% off “Ravenscroft 275” by VI-Labs - Normally €174 Now Only €87!

Never tried the hammersmith sorry. I have VSL CFX, Ivory ACD, Garritan CFX and Korg Kronos (which has VERY good pianos) and the Ravenscroft is the only one i call when i want to compose.

What music are you playing?
nothing complex, mostly more cinematic style stuff, nothing at a classical or baroque level. Afraid I'm not a great pianist. But I'm learning :)

Indeed :). Thanks.
NOIRE is much better for cinematic than Ravenscroft (in my opinion). But at the end of the day, if you really feel that sooner or later you want to get the Ravenscroft and can't resist the G.A.S urge, then it's better to get it while on sale, instead of waiting for another sale on black friday.

Never tried the hammersmith sorry. I have VSL CFX, Ivory ACD, Garritan CFX and Korg Kronos (which has VERY good pianos) and the Ravenscroft is the only one i call when i want to compose.

What music are you playing?
Really surprised me, my wishlist was VSL CFX (but too expensive) or Garritan CFX and Ravenscroft.

Really surprised me, my wishlist was VSL CFX (but too expensive) or Garritan CFX and Ravenscroft.
They're all amazing. But for some reason, the Ravenscroft tickles the agony within when i play it, and that's exactly what i want.

3 of them are deeply sampled and have impeccable response and dynamics, at the end of the day, i have to go with what inspires me.....

So I just compared it to a few. An really, the high notes is where the Ravenscroft is so much better sounding to me that most of the other pianos I have. The mid range sounds about the same as other similar pianos and the low is also good. Although Alicia's Keys is pretty close. I think why I like is that it is consistent through the range, not tinny on top or too heavy on the lows. And it is personal likes and dislikes. And maybe my system and ears (which aren't so good anymore)

So I just compared it to a few. An really, the high notes is where the Ravenscroft is so much better sounding to me that most of the other pianos I have. The mid range sounds about the same as other similar pianos and the low is also good. Although Alicia's Keys is pretty close. I think why I like is that it is consistent through the range, not tinny on top or too heavy on the lows. And it is personal likes and dislikes. And maybe my system and ears (which aren't so good anymore)
would you mind terribly playing a few basic doodles with maybe the hammersmith, the 275, and an NI piano (if/when you have time)? If not that's cool too :)

would you mind terribly playing a few basic doodles with maybe the hammersmith, the 275, and an NI piano (if/when you have time)? If not that's cool too :)
Which NI do you want? I don't have the Noire, but I have some they no longer sell. (Came with KU9)

I find I use the Maverick the most, so maybe that one? Whatever's good though, just want an idea of the difference
Okay, will do it later today. Technically, I am working right now. But my work computer is slow so I visit here while I am waiting on it.

Well, after a long time saying I'll never buy another piano VI, I have caved in and bought this one.

Whilst I still love my Ivory II American Concert D more than any other, there's something about this piano.

For some reason since I've downloaded it I've been ploughing through much of the 'Great American Songbook' type stuff and it sounds and feels very nice and smooth. Those diminished 7th runs sound particularly dreamy on this piano. (My wife is lazing on the sofa and I think she's worrying that I might be in an amorous mood :grin:).

At this price - this is a bargain, and will be the first library that uses UVI workstation that I'll give any major use.

If anyone on a Mac is having trouble with the installer hanging (Mojave in particular), here is the work around:

https://vilabs.freshdesk.com/suppor...he-vi-labs-installer-show-a-blank-window

Piano shootout!
I honestly do think the Ravenscroft edges out the competition in this particular set, but they all do have their own unique sound. Ravenscroft is so full and more width and depth I feel. You be the judge!

Just purchased the Ravenscroft today. Love it. I have

Garritan CFX
Ivory II American D
Many Montage Pianos

Ravenscroft is now my number one. So even across the keyboard. Beautiful full sound. Especially the mid range just above and below middle C. Very realistic. Played it for hours both with headphones and through speakers.

Anyone can compare it to Pianoteq?

I can. I currently have a trial version of Pianoteq. I found the Bechstein and Steingruber to be the best. You may like others. However neither of those can compare to the Ravenscroft. The low end of the Ravenscroft is magnificent. In every Pianoteq piano the low end is the weakest. Pianoteq is a nice alternative but just can’t compare to the Ravenscroft. Also The Ravenscroft is only around 5GB so no big hit on disk space.

Hey guys I went and used the same MIDI file to compare Ravenscroft with a couple other pianos. Not me playing unfortunately, I wish I was that good. The MIDI file is by the Piano YouTuber Rousseau. Here's the playlist.

I used the Pianoteq Stage Demo (some missing black keys) with the Steinway D (I strongly dislike Pianoteq but figured others might like the comparison)
Other pianos are Addictive Keys Grand Piano, The Grandeur, and obviously Ravenscroft, all default settings no tweaks.

EDIT: Sorry guys, for some reason Soundcloud is flagging my track with the Grandeur for copyright infringement so I am uploading it as an mp3 here so the quality is not quite as good as the .WAVs on Soundcloud.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/moonlight-sonata-grandeur-mp3.19293/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• moonlight sonata grandeur.mp3
    942 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Top Bottom