What's new

Only 3 Days Left! - VSTBuzz: 50% off “Ravenscroft 275” by VI-Labs - Normally €174 Now Only €87!

VSTBuzz

Deal: 50% off “Ravenscroft 275” by VI-Labs

Value: €174
Discount: 50%
Price: €87

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-ravenscroft-275-by-vi-labs!

Some instruments truly can inspire and take your creativity to new levels, “Ravenscroft 275” is one of these rare instruments. This one-of-a-kind concert grand has been recreated using nearly 17,000 samples and 4 discrete microphones, controlled from an easy to use interface.

It’s one piano that works for all styles and gorgeous detail is abundant. If the usual piano tones have worn out their welcome and it’s time for the unique, the Ravenscroft 275 may be the one. This is truly the pianist’s virtual piano!

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-ravenscroft-275-by-vi-labs!

Great sampled piano (owned it & eventually sold my license) but for dark & woody I'd look elsewhere.

If this counts as a developer thread, I'm sorry for interrupting it with such a question, and this can continue privately, but given your piano expertise, I'd love to know what you think might appeal to me tonally while still being a fully functional virtual piano, rather than just a character instrument, which seem to be the most numerous choices on the darker side of things.

If this counts as a developer thread, I'm sorry for interrupting it with such a question, and this can continue privately, but given your piano expertise, I'd love to know what you think might appeal to me tonally while still being a fully functional virtual piano, rather than just a character instrument, which seem to be the most numerous choices on the darker side of things.
Will PM you with some thoughts.

Really tempted to pick this one up. But I'm wondering, after 3-4 years, is it still relevant? It's a genuine question. We all know how well the Quantum Pianos have aged. Is this in a different category?

Really tempted to pick this one up. But I'm wondering, after 3-4 years, is it still relevant? It's a genuine question. We all know how well the Quantum Pianos have aged. Is this in a different category?
YES very relevant. It's still hard for me to find a piano that inspires me more than the Ravenscroft. And the velocity scripting done in it is still one of the best in my opinion, it feels and reacts like a real grand.

The new Noire is tickling my loyalties right now but i would never get rid of the Ravenscroft no matter what.

Just what keepitsimple says.I just have the gold versions of the EW offer and I never use them. Never ever. The Ravenscroft is a joy to play - you have to like the tone/sound/timbre,for sure.
Caveat : I'm not a piano grand player, so I cannot compare with any real life experience per se but just the VST playability.

Just what keepitsimple says.I just have the gold versions of the EW offer and I never use them. Never ever. The Ravenscroft is a joy to play - you have to like the tone/sound/timbre,for sure.
Caveat : I'm not a piano grand player, so I cannot compare with any real life experience per se but just the VST playability.
I've heard good things from piano grand players too :)

@CGR @keepitsimple @dzilizzi - how do you think this compares to hammersmith and other NI pianos? Those are mostly what I use right now.
Truthfully, they are all good pianos, especially if you aren't an actual piano player. You may have a different opinion if you play real pianos as some VI's just don't have all the pedaling action.

I just like the sound of the Ravenscroft. I want to say it is a little warmer? I'll have to see if I have a comparison. I think I did it once.

Top Bottom