Online courses for the Quarantine period please

Horvath

Hi Jonathanparham,
How did you manage to do Scoreclub without subscription? I'm really interested with that option but I just never found it. All I find is a monthly subscription of $59 USD…
Thanks for your answer. Take care.

jonathanparham

Hi Jonathanparham,
How did you manage to do Scoreclub without subscription? I'm really interested with that option but I just never found it. All I find is a monthly subscription of $59 USD…
Thanks for your answer. Take care.
I started slowly buying AND studying them in 2017 when they were a la carte. I can't remember when Alain went to the subscription model BUT there's a thread on that too lol. I'm about to finish counterpoint two and I have Orchestrating the Line three but haven't started it yet. Pre Covid19 I would just work on them between gigs.

d.healey

Music Monkey
Scoreclub is really good, I'm not a fan of the subscription model though, I bought a load of classes before the subscription was introduced.

Masterclass.com has some great videos about all kinds of topics. The Ron Howard one is a particular favourite of mine, as is the Aaron Sorkin class.

Also check out Mike Verta's videos, currently on sale.

If you're interested in making your own sample libraries I have classes on Kontakt scripting and HISE scripting (links in my signature ;) )

OP
Feral State

Feral State

You are tempting me. Art of Composing also has interesting courses, paid upfront or subscription based, how are them compared to ScoreClub?

ChrisSiuMusic

What are you looking for the most in an online course? Whether it be about composing, arranging, orchestrating, mixing, theory, etc? Any specifics you’re interested in the most?

DavidRubenstein

Do a forum search and I think you'll find quite a few including opinions on the one you mention. I've used Scoreclub (non-subscription) and I highly recommend it. It depends on what you want to do and how you learn IMO so YMMV.
I quite agree with Ed Buller. Scoreclub is very very good, for composing and orchestrating. You watch over the shoulders of a wonderful composer, as he explains every decision he makes.