One of my best tracks as far as mood goes (IMO), but....

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by Sibelius19, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SolarCell

SolarCell Active Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Maybe you should start your own topic...? :)

2. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    Fair call - I'll delete my posts in this thread.

Sibelius19 likes this.
  3. Taj Mikel

Taj Mikel Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I don't really hear anything wrong with this track. Maybe a bit much reverb, but otherwise I think it seems perfectly reasonable and in the right setting, would be perfect. Don't worry if people reject it, just keep producing. This is just one in a sea of compositions, and compositions can be a bit like tools, you "need the right tool for the job". So don't worry if this composition hasn't found its job yet, just keep going. Definitely not a poor judge of what's "good". Thanks for sharing! :)

Sibelius19 and CGR like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Reasonable opinions from all people including yourself. I take no offense from people posting their own or other's works, especially if it's relevant to the topic.

5. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks for your understanding Eric - I didn't intend my posts to be self serving.

Sibelius19 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    I didn't see it that way either :)

CGR likes this.
  7. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Senior Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I think the vibe of the track hits the mark for what you are wanting to express. While mood/emotion is important to library music, one of the biggest factors seems to be that the music "goes somewhere". That's straight from the mouths of industry professionals who are looking for music to put on their publishing labels.

I think other people have explained this in different ways. But one of the things I notice is if I skip around in the track it all kind of seems the same and doesn't really grow into anything. Yes, you add instruments. But it still seems rather formless and undefined.

I bet if you added more rhythmically defined motives or even some rhythmic parts to drive some tension here and there it would increase the possibility of the track being picked up.

It's not a bad sound or mood or anything like that. It MIGHT just be a little bit too far on the wrong side of subtle to be picked up for licensing, though.