1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omnisphere/Trillian Updates 04-15-18

Discussion in 'VIRTUAL SYNTHS: Omnisphere, U-he, Reaktor, etc.' started by synthpunk, Apr 15, 2018.

1. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    FYI

Omnisphere Software 2.4.1d

Trilian Software 1.4.4c

Attached Files:

2. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I see Keyscape has been updated (1.1.1d) as well. They all appear to be mostly bug fix updates.

Thanks for the heads up, @synthpunk!

Best,

Geoff

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. To be completely honest, I'm very gun shy of updating Omnisphere ever since that issue with the ultra chorus causing patches which used it to sound different as well as causing major audio spikes. Heck, I'm gun shy about updating anything when I have projects in progress, however I obviously want bug fixes as well, which is why I look at forums to make sure everything "is safe." Good case and point is this thread: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=500277&hilit=omnisphere+update

Anyone care to report on this latest update? I really should just get into the habit of bouncing down my midi tracks, especially synths, as audio. Got to get a better working method I guess, especially considering I have lots of older tracks and ideas I've started months or years ago that who knows if they sound the same as they did when I started them. I never thought that an update to a software could potentially change the sound in a noticeable way until that previous omnisphere issue, but boy did it open my eyes!

4. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I was going to offer an opinion, but then Cody Eakin tied the game against your Kings, blowing it right over Quick, which I took to be a bad sign so I won't.

I usually wait until a verdict was in, and my O2 is working fine anyway.

5. Jaap

Jaap Best audience ever...booh!

So far no issues here and things sound and work as normal, the new loading times are splendid though!

devonmyles and ToxicRecordings like this.
  6. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    I hope Omni fixed their start up screen options.
    I have to always go in and manually load the User folder where my presets are,, then load the MIDI Template.

7. AmbientMile

AmbientMile Senior Member

Oct 24, 2014
    SoCal
    One thing in the update that Skippy (Plugin Guru) pointed out is being able to right click on parameters and type in values. Very useful.

chimuelo, tmhuud and sostenuto like this.
  8. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    Still have to load my preset folder but the MIDI Template loads.
    One less thing to remember.
    Actually don’t really need the folder loaded, MIDI CCs find their intended targets.
    Just like the option of a fast manual over ride.

9. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    Hardware controlling Omnisphere 2.5!

10. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Omnisphere 2.4.2c and Keyscape 1.1.2c were released today too.

Looking forward to Omnisphere 2.5!

Best,

Geoff