What's new

Omni 2 add on library - recommend me only one?!

zzeezzy

Hi folks,

I want you to recommend me just your one favourite add on library that you would keep for Omnisphere 2 on desert island.

~Apologies if similar threads exist, but didn't see any exactly the same as this.

Hope to see your reply below.....

Last edited:
PlugInGuru MegaMagic Pads (if you like pads) or any other library from his MegaMagic series. Also check libraries from The Unfinished, Luftrum and Joseph Hollo.
I agree. MegaMagic is awesome. I don't have the Pads, but i do have the Dreams. Great stuff.

PlugInGuru MegaMagic Pads (if you like pads) or any other library from his MegaMagic series. Also check libraries from The Unfinished, Luftrum and Joseph Hollo.

They are all obviously great in their own way but in terms of just purchasing one I'm thinking it's hard to beat MIDIssonance's Omnisphere Bundle? What do you think?

Last edited:
Good suggestions,

I would also checkout PlugInGuru's latest: Signs of Life. It looks like a labor of love (took John a year to make it)

The Unfinished, Luftrum and Joseph Hollo are great sound designers. They offer some excellent sets for Omnisphere 2.

Who knows, one of these days I might offer you something for that desert island trip.:grin:

So you checked already all the 14000 included sounds?

Wait, how many patches does your Omnisphere have? I know I've got around 9800 patches, not sure about how many sound sources.

what kind of music do you write? Hard to recommend without knowing something about that!

I like sounds that inspire me to write music with my piano and string library over them. I don't know if that helps but some libraries seem like they don't fit that well into this palette.

In terms of style.... hard to categorise but I'm heavily inspired by Nils Frahm's Neo Classical vibe as well. If you have any suggestions I'd greatly welcome.. thanks.

Last edited:
Many years with Omni but surely not close to all 14,000. Important to comment that 3rd Pty Libs provide notable capabilities to mod & apply these 'sounds', as well as recent, terrific inclusion of powerful Multis. Full knowledge of all 14,000 would not ensure skills to create such impressive Patches and Multis .... :geek:

I like sounds that inspire me to write music with my piano and string library over them. I don't know if that helps but some libraries seem like they don't fit that well into this palette.

In terms of style.... hard to categorise but I'm heavily inspired by Nils Frahm's Neo Classical vibe as well. If you have any suggestions I'd greatly welcome.. thanks.

Listen to these sounds:

https://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/omnisphere-colossus/

There are also Colossus II + III.

I only own the first one, it is amazing.

For a great variety and price, the MIDIsonance bundle is really hard to beat. I have most of the Unfinished stuff, Luftrum, etc. and IMO MIDIssonance has the least cross-over of similar sounding patches and just sound fantastic...built to sit in a mix really easily. I’m not affiliated, just a happy customer.

Have you been updating since 2.0?

Yeah, it says when I load Omnisphere I'm fully up to date so not sure if people have more than me then it's odd.

When I go in to diagnostics I have: -

Number of factory sound sources = 4,911

Number of factory patches = 9,223

----

Should there be more? If so I don't know what I can do.

Top Bottom