What's new

Old taped guitars (1981 - 1987)

Thomas Kallweit

eclecticism
Ok, sorry and slightly something different:

As I'm working with virtual instruments for lots of years I also kept track of what I did before computers became commanders for what we do.

So I had the need to compile some comprovisational solo guitar stuff I did when I was younger with a cassette recorder only, did some denoising and so it goes...
Absolutely not perfect, partly distorted, more moody and sort of universal folkysh. Strange... the old tape noise is nowadays an extra effect.

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
Ok, sorry and slightly something different:

As I'm working with virtual instruments for lots of years I also kept track of what I did before computers became commanders for what we do.

So I had the need to compile some comprovisational solo guitar stuff I did when I was younger with a cassette recorder only, did some denoising and so it goes...
Absolutely not perfect, partly distorted, more moody and sort of universal folkysh. Strange... the old tape noise is nowadays an extra effect.

Nice one - would be interesting to add other instrumentation to the track in a DAW.

OP
Thomas Kallweit

Thomas Kallweit

eclecticism
Love the sound of the recording, do you remember what tape recorder did you record with? Thank you for sharing.
I'm glad that the sound is ok for you.

Absolutely no idea what the names of the tape recorders were I'm afraid (maybe by Philips? I also had one by an asian company, maybe Aiwa or Onkyo). I guess sometimes it was a cassette player and mostly a tape deck. Recording from tape to tape then was the next step before getting the first 4-Tracker by Fostex.

OP
Thomas Kallweit

Thomas Kallweit

eclecticism
Nice one - would be interesting to add other instrumentation to the track in a DAW.

Thanks!

And yes, could be interesting. I guess then it would be good to redo the recording, but would be hard as I do not play guitar so much anymore since the days before DAWs - so lots of work and possibly it would be worse : D

Top Bottom