1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old orchestral piece

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by JuanSebastianBach, Jul 31, 2018.

1. JuanSebastianBach

JuanSebastianBach Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Hello! I wanted to share this piece which I wrote several years ago. I have been struggling this last years to compose new stuff, but life got in the way. Now I am slowly getting back to it!

2. musicbits

musicbits Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Thanks for sharing! Hope you are enjoying getting back into writing more regularly, why do you think you struggled to create something new in the last few years?
    I've started looking at music that I had left/forgotten/didn't complete through a project called musicbits which explores these 'composer crumbs'. Would be cool to get your thoughts!
    https://soundcloud.com/musicbits

3. hendyb

hendyb Active Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nice, has a star wars feel to it ...

4. OP
    OP
    JuanSebastianBach

JuanSebastianBach Member

Aug 14, 2012
    @musicbits Well, mostly work. I am working as a software developer and although hours are not bad, it does take me lots of creative energy away! Nevertheless I am trying to take at least 10hs a week of music time.
    I'd be afraid of looking back to old pieces haha! You are surely brave enough to do so! I listened a couple of tracks, although not my cup of tea, good work!
    @hendyb Thanks! Feedback cannot get better than that!

musicbits likes this.
  5. SolarCell

SolarCell Active Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Very nice work. Really loved the second and third part of the piece. It sounds a little too dry for my taste (but maybe it were the earplugs)

6. markleake

markleake Recovering sale addict

Nov 8, 2015
    Wonderful piece. Some very nice ideas and colours in there, I like it very much. I liked the use of the woodwinds and strings in the quieter sections especially.

7. OP
    OP
    JuanSebastianBach

JuanSebastianBach Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback! @SolarCell Indeed it was dry, I was experimenting at that time with a mix of dry samples and wet samples. I believe I ended up cutting the tail on some samples, so I could mix them with others correctly. The result was a bit meh.