1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official "VIVID" Launch Thread - We're now LIVE!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Norbz, May 5, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Norbz

Norbz Senior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Heya,

Re adding an ARP - please do! If you go into the MyCode section on the main mod, copy that code out and past it into a blank tab so you have a background to work with. Not sure how much KSP you already have however without assigning a background first you'll be laying the ARP over the same first background and it might be visually distracting.

I've already added arps and various default presets you can add as quick tests and 'what does this do?' sessions - once you get going it gets kinda easy. I would suggest getting sublime and the ksp extension for it if you're going to actually code stuff vs trying to do it in the little box under the wrench (unless it's a tiny bit of code I guess..).

Re Voices - Yes, it's almost needed re raising the attack/release. I go over the setup in the video a bit but I gave you guys the sounds semi-raw instead of doing a final sound (I usually raise the attack, the release, apply a highpass to get rid of all the lows ((on females/highs anyway)), also some low pass ((just a bit)), and some reverb/delay. That shape seems to be universal on most re taking them from where they are by default and shaping them into usable tones/voices).

2. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Norbz Said:
    {Re adding an ARP - please do! If you go into the MyCode section on the main mod, copy that code out and past it into a blank tab so you have a background to work with. Not sure how much KSP you already have however without assigning a background first you'll be laying the ARP over the same first background and it might be visually distracting.}

I tried two things tonight. 1st: changing the sound names in My Instrument. 2nd: Trying the Arp module

Note: found I dont have to have Sablime to make name changes:
    1st: Being a Windows user, I do not have the Sablime editor that you show. So what I did is just go directly into the scripting in Kontakt and looked for the groups and found where "Sound 1" text is located. I then changed the text to "Congo" as an example. Once that is done, I hit Apply and the Group1 changed to "Congo". Then went up to the Kontakt Group editor, turned it on, and changed "Sound 1" to "Congo". I didn't have any samples loaded, but at least I know I can change the naming of the sounds and works pretty good.

2nd Adding Arp: Going to be a little harder than plug and play. Put the Arp code into empty slot and named it Arp for the Tab. Bringing up the Arp tab, it looks pretty good. Cosmetic wise, There is a normal black background behind all the controls and looks pretty good.

Arp had three main controls: Off, On, and Hold Off works ok. There is allot of other cool features with it.

Problem I have is when I turn the Arp ON and play, it is supposed to play Arp notes when Keyboard keys are pressed, and stop when I release the keyboard keys. Problem is in the release, the notes don't shut off-like it is in hold mode. So there must be some kind of confliction between your code and the Arp code. I am not an expert, so not sure where to start looking. The Arp code does have a hold feature, but that doesn't work at all.

So that is where I am with the Arp. May need your help with this one on why the notes don't release.

take care,

Dave

3. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Just so I don't take up allot of posts here, maybe we can discuss the Arp subject privately if you want to go farther with it.

You have my email from my purchase.

Dave

4. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Hello to Norbz,

I sent you an email on this also and have no reply yet. Please respond.

On your main web page at the bottom you list a series of free VST's below if we buy certain items on you main page. Does that also include VIVID?

IF YOU'VE PURCHASED ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TOOLS,
    YOU GET THIS FREE :)

[​IMG]BASSTURBO
    [​IMG]WOBBLEBOSS
    [​IMG]VOXnBEATBOX
    [​IMG]DRUMTROOP
    [​IMG]VOICEPLEX
    [​IMG]ATMOSFIRE

My members login for VIVID does not have access to these other than the VIVID product.

thank you for any info,

Dave

PS- additional added note: I see we have to sign up for a Soundcloud account to get the free VST's, Correct?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  5. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    CORRECTION:

Just got an answer back from their support. I misread the message above. if anyone purchased any of the VST's listed above(my previous post) in the past then anyone would get a free VIVID program. So it is my mistake in what he was saying.

Dave

6. OP
    OP
    Norbz

Norbz Senior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Glad everything got sorted. I just returned from a vacation so pardon my absence and lack of responses. Glad you're enjoying the plugin and building stuff with it. Still haven't heard many demos or pieces from users so if anyone has made anything don't be shy to post it!