1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official "VIVID" Launch Thread - We're now LIVE!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Norbz, May 5, 2017.

1. Norbz

Norbz Senior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    We're LIVE~!
    vivid-logo.png

GET VIVID NOW AT >> http://www.dubturbo.com/vivid-index.php

First, thank you all again for your participation in the pre-launch thread. This thing grew on me and I'm proud of where I got it to.. (for those new to this tool - you can see how it came together in THIS thread).

--------------

I've now PM'd all the winners back and you should have your members area/download pages emailed to you. If not, click this link and simply use your email as the username, and first part of your email before the @ symbol as your password (so 'john@gmail.com' for the username, and 'john' for the password for example, but using your email).

If you are one of the winners or pre-order customers, PLEASE DROP WHATEVER YOU MAKE WITH THESE in this thread - soundcloud and youtube preferred so I can post them on our website as user made examples and you'll get some plays/views/etc.

--------------

So, I've compiled all the walkthroughs into a playlist, total of 8 videos going over all the modules in detail, and two demo vids:

I'll spare you guys from dropping 10 images below again but here is a close up look at the main module: (and all full size images of all modules are available on the site).

vivid-screenshots-main.jpg

You get:

MAIN MODULE
    [​IMG] 120 patches. Stacked with 2000 sounds
    [​IMG] Drum patches are 6-7 octaves deep - Some are full w/128 sounds
    [​IMG] No naked keys in any patch (some cut to preserve the ‘sweet spot’, we don’t)
    [​IMG] All drums are universal - change kits by going up or down octaves, OR changing patches
    [​IMG] Most instruments / other sounds have 3 samples per patch (3-4 octaves each)

[​IMG] On board effects - - Two programmable XY pads
    [​IMG] Full Portamento / Legato / Glide / Mono / Unison / Voices / Spread / Detune panel
    [​IMG] Three banks of patches - at 40 patches per bank
    [​IMG] Full key sensitivity
    [​IMG] All automatable / learnable
    [​IMG] Editable GUI (change light to dark, change knobs/buttons, animation options, etc)

808/BASS TOOL
    [​IMG] This is the same interface however we’ve packed it with 120 modern and traditional bass tones. Mostly 808’s with a lot of variation, some 909’s, stomps, kickbass, wubwubs, and a few experimental patches too.

LOOPER / CONST. KITS :: 80 Construction kits for Kontakt - mix/match.
    [​IMG] Each kit has between 16 – 25+ loops that ‘go together’ (a couple have less than 16, most have 20'ish). They are essentially full songs broken down into easy to work with bars and layers of sounds that you put into combinations and build onto. A lot of these compositions have actually been made using the VIVID engine 100%/all layers (we even have a few videos showing how we make the beats and construction kits).

All 80 compositions are time-synced, and looped. So as long as you don’t go too far above or below the shown BPM, you can add these to anything or use them as your foundation to your beats. There are literally unlimited combinations of sounds here. A lot of the beats elements can also be found in the ‘midi pattern builder’ midi files.

VOICES / CHOIRS
    [​IMG] 40 different voices - meant to be used as a multi to create choirs/multiple voices at once with different effects on each. We cover male, female, boy/girl, solo, alien, abstract and more.

CONDUCTOR / LOWBRASS
    [​IMG] 40 Instruments. This module is also meant to be used as a multi so you can mix/match sounds into a full lush wide symphony. However solo's are just as good.

VIVID DRUMS
    [​IMG] 2,200+ Drum one shots created by pro's in their respective genres. These have been carefully selected from our master library, most of which have not hit the market in any other tools yet. Some sounds have been quietly hiding since 2014 and were meant for a different project however we are releasing them here. If you checked out the 'Sample Team And Process' above then you'll see why our drums and other sounds KNOCK so hard, sound so CRISP, and have so much character.

MIDI PATTERN BUILDER + MIDI FILES
    [​IMG] ...with tons of premade midi files you can drag and drop to fast-track your production or explore new ideas for inspiration on the spot. These cover the full spectrum of making music. Beats, elements, chords, riffs, leads, bass lines, gap fills, snare/hihat/other drum rolls, beautiful pad progressions, we got you!!

Even take our midi files and load them onto your other instruments for amazing full sound on the heavy libraries. Some also have a lot of automation already happening.

MY-INSTRUMENT / BLANK VERSIONS
    [​IMG] Our blank versions are literally just that – you open them up in kontakt, do a save as, and start dragging in your own samples into the pre-made groups. Once you’re done, well, you’re done! Start playing and messing with your samples~! Or send them in for potential inclusion in our expansion packs section and make some money with us while getting your samples out there through our outreach.

[​IMG] ACCESS TO KSP - IMPORT SAMPLES
    [​IMG] 4,500+ SAMPLES

Thank you all again for your time and interest in this - I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone makes with these!

Here's the link to the site again: http://www.dubturbo.com/vivid-index.php

Cheers!

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    elpedro and GULL like this.
  2. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Anybody get there winning copies and review thoughts of Vivid. Just curious.

3. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Change there to their--typo

4. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Looks/sounds so good! Truly teetering .... don't recall seeing such extensive, quality, useful video support prior to release. Huge amount to review and absorb, as well as in-depth exposure to product content and capability. Whew !!

Conductor session is impressive ....

Should be successful Launch _ :cool:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  5. elpedro

elpedro Senior Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    I got my copy yesterday and only had the time for brief little play, I will do a video review of it in the next few days, along with a demo.I liked what I have seen so far, it's a swiss army knife production tool for modern styles.I decided a while ago that being an old phart and only liking yesterday's music was not really productive, so this came timely for me.First impressions? Phat homey,phat!

6. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks guys for the info. Look forward to seeing your review video "elpedro". With all the GUI screens provided with VIVID it looks pretty powerful. Have to watch some of Norbz sound videos again, and "eledro" possibly mention what sound categories are provided. Myself, Along with being into cinematic, I also do any kind of Blues and Rock music. Looks like in Norbz product description above we can add our own samples making VIVID open ended on what can be done music wise.

take care,

Dave

sostenuto likes this.
  7. GULL

GULL Senior Member

Jan 22, 2014
    I got my copy and have been checking in my free time. I plan to create something.

8. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    May I ask what version of Kontakt VIVID will run on? I see in small type on website - is it version 5.0 and above?

thank you,

Dave

9. GULL

GULL Senior Member

Jan 22, 2014
    @Norbz

10. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Workin at setting up in Reaper v5.40. Will comment when all is well. Some of (very competent) personal favs use Apple/Logic but never goin there.

Will respond later with SAMPLE Talk post in which which honest responses are allowed. :geek: dubturbo.com has very cool but pitfire is easily pricked and cries aloud ... :rolleyes:

11. OP
    OP
    Norbz

Norbz Senior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Cheers guys.

I believe it will work on any 5.+ Kontakt, If you purchase and it doesn't work I'll honor a refund no problem.

And yes, I know it has weak points AND strong points, and promise I'll never cry aloud for reviews no matter how bad/critical as I don't like stuff sugarcoated when I'm buying stuff so please do be honest in your reviews.

elpedro likes this.
  12. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Thank you Norbz for your info. I just purchased VIVID tonight after watching the walkthrough video above. Just because I said the three mainstream music categories I am into in my previous posts, I am learning about Funk, House, Trap, and Dubstep,etc and what makes what they are. I really like House type music. So I am open to all types of music.

take care,

Dave

13. OP
    OP
    Norbz

Norbz Senior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    ^ Thank you kindly for your order! Happy you see value in the tool re learning about the genres, I think you'll get a lot out of the construction kits translated into the midi patterns so you can inspect every drum pattern type/build/drop/etc easily.

Also - I have my first little update already - the midi files have unfortunately been exported wrong and will work fine in Logic however some DAW's/OS combinations are importing huge offsets before/after the midi triggers.

Someone was nice enough to create a little tool to fix it all for me and I'll have an upload tomorrow for everyone to replace your MIDI-FILES folder with so the offsets are gone.

elpedro likes this.
  14. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    THX! Working right now through Win10 Pro PC / Reaper v5.40 setup and experienced this.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  15. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    VIVID works great for me-I have Kontakt version 5.6.5. Awesome program. Went through all 6 of VIVIDs modules and the sounds/samples are very impressive. Drums are very strong sounding, Conductor and Voice modules I had fun playing-a small great selection of various instruments and vocals. I did mainly playing the patches live tonight-no DAW used. Ive got to sit down and figure out how to interface VIVID to my expressive ROLI keyboard cc values. The looper module I need more time to figure out how to use it effectively, each patch is split with drum pattern(s) on lower half of keyboard and a selection of other various sounds on the upper half-all sounds are looped. 808 Bass(name implied) module provides allot of variations and the IMain module provides a small mixture of all the categories. VIVID also provides 3 multis which gave me ideas what can be done when combining/layering sound patches/modules together. Adding effects and changing the envelope values really brings out some cool ideas on what can be done with each sound also.

All in All, VIVID is great for me, and will fit my needs as a composer for pop, rock, and modern styles. Only things I see missing for me is maybe Acoustic Basses and more Guitars. Nordz I have a midi guitar also- so you see what I am thinking idea wise. That is probably where the "MyInstrument" will come in.

Question: I assume we could add more midi files to the pattern builder section?
    Also any issues with sizes of new samples for use with VIVID?

tale care.

Dave

16. OP
    OP
    Norbz

Norbz Senior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    ^ I greatly appreciate the thorough feedback Dave :) Curious to see what you create with it once you're comfy with all the mods.

Nope, same limitations as Kontakt itself has I believe. I'm actually quite impressed by what Kontakt can handle. These are 32bit files that are in VIVID too.

I should have that on the website, will update - yes you can add more, you can use vivid and export midi and save it in there, add more folders etc.

OH YEAH :: And due to the amount of emails/requests/etc., we've decided to leave the intro price for the launch phase too.. anyone that bought for $99 has been refunded the difference.

17. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005

fwiw I had Kontakt 5.6.1 and got a message that Vivid required a newer version of Kontakt,updated to K5.6.6 & Vivid now opens.
    I haven't had a chance to try Vivid yet but Thank You Norbz (in advance) for this interesting Kontakt Suite! ;)

18. enCiphered

enCiphered Senior Member

Feb 24, 2017
    It seems none of the modules support any randomization option, right?

19. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I will let Nordz answer and verify this also, but I didn't see any randomize buttons on the GUIs of each module while testing the sounds of VIVID last night.

20. enCiphered

enCiphered Senior Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Thank you