What's new

Odd links with soundcloud in private messages

Jaap

Having a private conversation with someone and I tried to link for 2 different pieces a soundcloud link and it instead of my piece being linked another track with the exact same name on soundcloud but from another (unknown) composer was linked instead. Never saw this problem in posting links in topics here.

Hi Jaap, did you use the "insert media" option for this? If not, can you try it? It would link directly to your song rather than have Soundcloud do a cursory search and pretend it intelligently "found" the very song you're trying to post. :)

If you look in the toolbar above the text editor you use to write posts:

aea288baaf5e726f289375a3727e4501.png
aea288baaf5e726f289375a3727e4501.jpg
9709fbc151f63fa11bf6a5aed0c93129.jpg

That way, it should point directly, without substituting.

Let me know if this help!

Cheers,

Andre

Having a private conversation with someone and I tried to link for 2 different pieces a soundcloud link and it instead of my piece being linked another track with the exact same name on soundcloud but from another (unknown) composer was linked instead. Never saw this problem in posting links in topics here.

Hey, I noticed the same problem today. When I link my song ("Moon Project") with the URL from my track it happens that it (here) leads to a different track from another person:

However, when I click on share -> embed -> tick "Word Press Code" ✓ and then extract the URL with the numbers (in this case 320578640) and insert the link here, then it routes to the correct song:

This happend over last night, because it was changed in my other thread without me editing something. Really strange though :D

Yeah did that Andre and ended up with the same result as Voider is now posting. Didn't do that that embed trick and extract the url like that though.

Edit: tested it on Andre with the trick you did Voider and that works indeed, but it a hassle like that and odd that it works fine on the forum when inserting in a topic and not in a pm

I ended up with this track

instead of

Last edited:
Well now... that is weird! Also now happening in forum post.
This is with the copy from the embedded:

Hahaha! I see the same song twice here. Is it the right or the false one?

Edit: Ah okay! Yeah I was referring to the forum in my first reply here.

I wanted in the edit to show that it was ok on the forum but then Wolfy ended up twice here as well! Left it untouched after that :) and thought you where referring to PM's as well and didn't know it happened for you on forum topics. PM-ed Andre to show it as example and he is looking into it now :)

And as said in the PM Andre: love the great work you are doing here! (should be said now and then in public as well!)

Wow, well, the ONLY thing I suggest at this point, is to change your title a bit, just to avoid duplication. Can you try?

And thanks for the kind words... :)

:dancer:

I would not use underscore for the sub title (work in progress) though. Doesn't look professional... ;) The_Arrival could work, and leave the (work in progress) as it was? Just a suggestion...

Actually I does look horribly messy haha. I first changed the title itself, but that wasn't enough, had to change the link settings. Changed now only the title again and still seems to work fine :) Thanks again!

The addon used by the forum to display media links, has been updated by its developer to correct this issue with Soundcloud. If you feel like testing it, you could always go back using the original title you had before for that song, and see if it works? If not, no worries. Just know that if you have posted this song elsewhere on the forum before, because you changed its title it will not show anymore.

29616a8cad66dda2f813e10ec3811a2a.png

Thanks!

Top Bottom