What's new

Nuendo 8 is now available

Guillermo Navarrete

Hello all,

we are proud to announce the immediate availability of Nuendo 8, the newest iteration of our award-winning Advanced Audio Post-Production System!

Tailored to meet the demands of today’s audio professionals, Nuendo 8 introduces Game Audio Connect 2 and the Sound Randomizer for supreme game sound design and composing. Great workflow improvements such as the new MixConsole History and Direct Offline Processing round off many further additions to the latest release.

Other new features includes:

• Renamer for automatically renaming events in Nuendo projects
• Sampler track for easy creations of sample-based instruments from audio files
• New effects and updated plug-ins including Frequency EQ, HALion Sonic SE 3, Retrologue 2, AutoPan, Maximizer and many more
• User Profile Manager to easily store and recall program settings and preferences
• ADR improvements, including automatic speech alignment and remote ADR support (available within a future maintenance update)
• New video engine independent from QuickTime technology
• Workflow and stability improvements as well as an enhanced sound content

For more detailed information please follow the link bellow:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/what_is_new_in_nuendo_8.html

Best regards,
GN

Spent the day working with Nuendo 8 and so far so good! I really like the new features, some of them are real time savers.

Only ran into a couple problems, but no show stoppers. The program crashed when I was updating editor colors, and some iZotope plugins got blacklisted.

Otherwise smooth sailing so far. One request for the video engine; can you add support the fps1 codex (FRAPS codec)? As a game developer, it's very common for us to use FRAPS a lot to capture game footage so that we can design sounds. Hopefully it is something you can support eventually.

Does anyone know if the issue with routing 5.1 tracks to 7.1 where it sends it to the wrong channels is fixed?

No, I didn't . :grin:

But since you didn't bother answering with info., I checked, and found this

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000808250

Also read : The Avid DNxHD® Video Decoder will be available as of July 12, 2017 in the Steinberg Online Shop

So, this won't be a free update ! I'm guessing also for Cubase users.

which someone posted just two posts before yours.

on a thread that is tons of pages I can understand, but your post was the fifth post in the entire thread, you at least could have read the thread, no?
rsp

which someone posted just two posts before yours.

on a thread that is tons of pages I can understand, but your post was the fifth post in the entire thread, you at least could have read the thread, no?
rsp

Yes, I noticed that post after I posted here. My fault, I should have read some of the posts on this thread before posting, just got a bit lazy so.. sorry for troubling you to answer my post. Thanks anyways. I'm always delighted when I get helpful replies from fellow forum members ;)

Very interesting. ive never used nuendo and for post its always pro tools here in LA...

but with all these new features and Avid being extremely greedy and weird with their pricing Nuendo seems to be an interesting options.

The biggest issue in post is the ability to share track "import session data" and getting all parties to use the same daw for this. there are a ton of features for this new nuendo8/

but can it output video+audio? I believe this was an issue with Cubase. exporting video with the desired track/mix.

Top Bottom