Now this to me is a no brainer if you don't have them..... u-he NI NKS sale

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by zvenx, Feb 4, 2019.

1. TomaeusD

TomaeusD New Member

Nov 24, 2018
    This is a fantastic deal, and well timed at that - I'd been researching both Diva and the Repros for the last week but held off... until now.

Can anyone chime in on the effects, specifically Satin and Colour Copy? I already own ReelBus4 but I'm wondering if there are any additional features I would be missing.

2. charlieclouser

charlieclouser Senior Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Got dang it Bobby. I have all the synths already, but the bundle deal is so good it would save me $130 over just buying the four effects plugins, even if I discard the synth licenses! Arrrggh.

Perhaps I can re-sell the redundant licenses for the synths if I buy the bundle. Hmmmm....

ag75 and whiskers like this.
  3. Living Fossil

Living Fossil Senior Member

Oct 20, 2014
    I have (and use & love) all the four effects (as the synths).

Satin really has a learning curve if you want to get the most out of it, so be aware of the manual...
    Lots of possibilities, great sound, but not the easiest plug in.

Colour Copy is an incredible mojo box. It's great when confronted with tempo changes and specially shines when it comes to long, evolving feedback loops. The different saturation types & the additional controls (frequency response & saturation intensity) allow a rich palette of colors.

While it's not a plugin that replaces allrounders like Echoboy or Replika XT, it's one, that can't replaced by any other in that what it does.

TomaeusD likes this.
  4. TomaeusD

TomaeusD New Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Thanks for the reply, LF! I got the impression that Satin is a deep well of possibilities and would be well worth the steep learning curve. (Sorry for the pun) I don't have any of the Soundtoys plugins but I do have quite a few delay options at hand already.

5. Pm me if you can.

6. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    It's a bummer that the effects are not available independently. I already have the synths.

7. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Not sure if I need these. Mostly use omni. Hmm

8. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005
    They’re different,I have & love Omni but I prefer & use U-he synths more.The Zebras are great but Diva & Repro are my favorites!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    stprodigy, zvenx and whiskers like this.
  9. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Could you attempt to qualitatively describe the differences, if possible?

10. dpasdernick

dpasdernick Senior Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Same here. I have Omni, the arturia V6 collection, UVI Vintage Vault including Synth Anthology 1&2, an Access Virus Snow, a Roland JD990, the latest Komplete Ultimate collector's collection of collections that I have collected, and a newly acquired Yamaha Modx plus a bunch more.

Why do I feel I need to get at least one of these synths?

...maybe I have a sickness? ;)

PS Don't read this post. It might be contagious.

SoNowWhat?, TomaeusD, Jaap and 2 others like this.
  11. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Don’t we all?

MartinH. and dpasdernick like this.
  12. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    This is hard because I don't think I have any of these and much as I love a good bargain, I never use the synths I have. To me, they all sound alike and, except for a few patches, they sound like noise. So the part of me that says "quit wasting your money" pops up. Hmm.

TigerTheFrog, JohnG, MartinH. and 2 others like this.
  13. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    I will be thoroughly impressed if you restrain yourself ;)

MartinH., dzilizzi and jbuhler like this.
  14. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Simply put the U-he synths just sound more like analog synths less like synth plugins.
    U-he and Team are brilliant not to mention Howard is possibly one of the best programmers on the planet his presets are out of this world !!!

@ dpasdernick yes we are all infected with Synth Fever!
    It’s wonderful isn’t it! ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    SoNowWhat?, Eric Hunter and whiskers like this.
  15. Anyone who bought a bundle, is it one license for the bundle, or are you able to resell individual parts of the bundle if you already own a few?

edit: now that I think of it, NI probably just deposits all licenses to your account when you buy, so I doubt there are any codes at all. :(

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  16. OP
    OP
    zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

Urs posted on kvr that an attempt was made to make Zebra2 NKS compatible, with a remapping project for the Performance (XY) controls but alas the project is a lot of work and did not finish in time for this sale. I read that to mean that Z2 being NKS compatible is not entirely out of the possible.
    rsp

17. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    Pretty sure I'm going to get Diva. Had my eye on it for a long time, wasn't expecting a 50% sale at all. Not sure about Repro-1 as I already have the Prophet in the Arturia Collection so I think I'll pass on that one.

These NI sales are a killer on the wallet. Haven't recovered from the Orchestral Tools sale yet!

18. OP
    OP
    zvenx

zvenx Senior Member

I would still demo the Repro if I were you.
    I personally think it is next level compared to the Arturia Collection, and quite frankly when one takes the addition of the excellent effects included in it, for me it is the best sounding synth I have or played. Not the most flexible but the best sounding synth. (Yes I am including hardware in that)
    ymmv
    rsp

stprodigy, X-Bassist and kgdrum like this.
  19. hansandersen

hansandersen Senior Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Should you get the U-he collection at €279 or Diva+Repro at €164?

20. bap_la_so_1

bap_la_so_1 Prince of All Evil

Jun 24, 2015
    Vietnam
    Bought my dream Diva 10 hours a go
    Havent receive my license yet...