Now that Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator....

Discussion in 'OFF-TOPICS - Political - ENTER AT OWN RISK!' started by Soundhound, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jmvideo

jmvideo Senior Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Your speech has no content, so yes.

D Halgren likes this.
  2. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Clever

3. Chr!s

Chr!s Active Member

May 27, 2018
    No doubt

4. woodsdenis

woodsdenis Senior Member

Jun 18, 2012
  5. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Love of country is quaint.

6. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    Don’t fall for these fake promises of reversing Glacier meltdown or free health care.
    Medicare is barely covering seniors as it is. Doctors are sometimes 2 years behind in getting reimbursed.

You put a bunch of unhealthy people on Medicare and try and explain to me how your mother will get better care by not getting a hip replacement.
    They’ve already started talking about taking seniors benefits away to re calculate costs.
    You get one hip replacement.
    Ain’t that nice?
    So in other words they view Seniors as the most expensive and unproductive group keeping them from succeeding.
    FWIW in Missouri you should go to Urgent Care instead of Emergency Rooms.
    Better care, cheaper costs to tax payers.

Obamacare took 716 billion from Medicare to fund their failed utopian crap.
    They always go after the elderly first.
    Think before reacting emotionally to promises of free stuff.

7. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    That's a bit harsh and also completely wrong - they were standing to celebrate history being made due to them being elected - most women in Congress ever, remember? And that was a backlash to Trump being elected and his fucked up policies.

I'm happy for you if you can sit through 80 minutes of Trump garbling about himself and how all the successes are down to him - never mind employment was growing under his predecessor already. You may have forgotten - patriot - that it was a given that he would get a long honeymoon thanks to the economic policies which preceded him. Don't get me wrong, I think he's done some good when it comes to international trade (eg China), but that isn't why the economy has been improving since before he got elected.

8. Chr!s

Chr!s Active Member

May 27, 2018
    The only problem with Trump's policies is that he didn't follow through on most of them.

You're going to be a Trump fan by the end of this, Kony. Because he's pro H1-B workers, going back on his "hire American" policy, he's clearly never gonna build the wall, and he's probably going to a proxy war with your hated Russians.

I mean, for the left...what's NOT to like about Trump?

9. Kaleb Davis

Kaleb Davis New Member

Nov 26, 2018
    I know how the media spun the state of the union. I read both sides of the media after watching it (I'm like that). They have yet to convince me that what I saw from the Democrats wasn't disgraceful... This is why I stick to actually watching events through primary sources. I try to stay above the media narrative and manage to develop my own opinion once in a while (I even skim through the indictments on occasion).

In which sectors did Obama incease jobs significantly? It wasn't coal, steel, or manufacturing jobs. I, too, lived through his presidency! Here's a narrative absolutely contrary to the one you just set forth. This is a thread I found on the Trump reddit (gasp), yet the poster cites from a wide spectrum of media outlets, and I've yet to find someone to dismiss it on the grounds of actual reason, but I'll be glad if someone can. Each headline links to the source. This one beats the liberal-left narrative to dust:

10. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    [​IMG]
    U.S. employment
    Graph based on employment data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

11. Kaleb Davis

Kaleb Davis New Member

Nov 26, 2018

Three sources that oppose each other, for consideration:
    https://www.etftrends.com/trump-vs-obama-most-jobs-created-first-20-months/

https://www.rt.com/usa/376260-january-jobs-report-trump-obama/

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance...iving-far-better-under-trump-than-under-obama
    (from what The Hill says, the BLS removes you from the labor force statistic after 30 days of not searching for a job. They suggest Obama may have fudged when he cited low unemployment rates as a good thing, due to the correlating change in labor force.)

Fair enough. I had to do some research on that. Obama had more health and education jobs, and Trump increased more manufacturing jobs and the likes. I've seen debates around the exact image before. If it's accurate, I would say that this in no way damages Trump, but does defend Obama. If Obama started a job boom, Trump has maintained it. Where did all that election hysteria about "market crashes," "recessions," and "losing jobs" go to with Trump? We're riding on 200,000-300,000+ job growth per month. I think the numbers will become more clear after Trump has finished his term.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  12. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    I can see you're spoiling for a spat by using provocative inaccurate inferences about my personal views ... again. Either that or you're mixing me up with someone else ... again.

It seems like you try to push debate with people by imposing views you don't like on them so you can then have an excuse to push your ultra-conservative agenda. I'm seeing you do this elsewhere in the forum....

So you liked it when Trump separated kids from their families at the border, and got his travel ban - plus his support for officials who are accused of sexual harassment? Oh wait, he was accused as well wasn't he. So these things don't bother you?

In case you missed it earlier, it was already stated that the US always allocates circa 400,000 migrant working visas each year.

Not sure where you're getting the "hate Russia" from - such a childish twit statement :shocked:

I think you're also forgetting what I've already stated directly to you earlier - which is that, unless you specifically spell out how your enforced mass deportations would work in practice, and clarify how your racism, misogyny and fascism would fix the economy, there's no point in discussing anything else. You will need to clarify your position in more specific terms about those "ideas" first - and also clarify how you don't have a problem with neo-Nazism.

13. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
  14. OP
    OP
    Soundhound

Soundhound Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    woodsdenis likes this.
  15. woodsdenis

woodsdenis Senior Member

Jun 18, 2012
  16. OP
    OP
    Soundhound

Soundhound Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Trump is such a jerk he admitted that there is no emergency in his speech announcing the declaration of an emergency, and then hopped on Air Force One to go play golf for the weekend.

If the Farrelly Brothers scripted this shit it would be regarded as far too broad. This presidency is a Jerry Lewis movie. Only it's not funny.

Kony likes this.
  17. Kony

Kony Bad ape

Jul 29, 2016
    There may well be method in his madness though. I've mentioned in another thread how I think this battle is exactly what he wants for the next election campaign. He's got his sights set on a second term and probably thinks he'll claw back support by playing the victim in the wall funding dispute. "Finish the wall" has already become a rally cry.

18. OP
    OP
    Soundhound

Soundhound Senior Member

Feb 13, 2011
    True! It's one of the lingering questions historians may well argue over when analyzing this travesty of an administration: Was he just an asshole, or a clever asshole?

I fall into the former camp. He knows nothing, cares nothing about governance or societal issues, but he knows how to manipulate publicity. He's the Madonna of politics. Don't want to stir up a whole other kettle of fish here, but I always thought Madonna was the greatest advertising executive who ever lived. I thought she had no talent, couldn't sing or write, but knew how to hire and/or sleep with the right people who did have talent, and knew how to package and sell the product. Her success to me was all the proof anyone needed that Nile Rogers is a genius.

Similarly, Trump is not a politician, he is a publicist. Just as I can't see how regarding Madonna as a musician makes any sense, I don't see how regarding Trump as anything other than a venomous snake oil salesman dovetails in any way with reality.

Trump is an existential threat to this country and to its place in the world. A transparently criminal, ignorant charismatic who knows how to get his followers' blood flowing, using fear, resentment, hate and panic in whatever measure necessary at the time.

He came along at the right time, when the country's latent and not so latent racism had been brought to the surface by the right wing after Obama was elected. This had been brewing for some time. Reagan began the backlash to progressivism, his blatantly racist 'welfare queens' rationalization for the dangerous lie of trickle down economics, designed to sell regressive tax policy. Bush 1 ratcheted it up to get elected (Willie Horton), Gingrich added infantile, dangerous nationalism to the mix (Patriot act), and Clinton signed on to much of the corporatist line, after getting his ass kicked trying to reform the health care industry promoting single payer health care (which of course would have saved countless lives had it been successful way back then).

None of this corporatist policy would have had any staying power without constant propaganda to support it, which has been supplied by Fox News and right wing radio. Roger Ailes designed Fox to be the voice of the republican party masquerading as a news organization, and it has worked beyond his wildest dreams. Since the mid nineties republican voters have been fed an alternate reality, they know nothing else. They are incapable of participating in an open democratic system, they are utterly uniformed and have been taught to distrust real news sources.

Trump latched on to this dangerous mix of regressive economic policy (which eviscerated the middle class) tied closely to racist fear and hate, and rode it to the white house.

The right wing movement in this country, built by and for corporate interests, has resulted in the only possible outcome, an entirely corrupt, incompetent, criminal administration, supported by a core base which has been brainwashed to believe anything and everything it does.

Everyone who supports Trump is complicit in the racist wave which fuels it. This is the greatest danger of course, after Trump has been run from office for being so obviously criminally corrupt, there will be this group of tens of millions of people, fucked over by the corporatist capitalist system, who will believe any crap sold to them which calls on their fear and resentment. Someone who actually understands the system can come along, sweep them off their feet, and we wind up with a far more dangerous situation, a corporatist administration that actually knows how to get things done.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  19. woodsdenis

woodsdenis Senior Member

Jun 18, 2012

Remember how Trumpies claimed that Lardbucket was more popular in Europe than Obama well .......
    not so much.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  20. woodsdenis

woodsdenis Senior Member

Jun 18, 2012