What's new

Now here...MOTU DP11

It's pretty crisp running here too. On Catalina with MacBook Air i7 dual core (soon to be Mac Mini M1!!)

Love MX4...

Last edited:
As long as it's a train wreck on Windows unfortunately I won't be giving it a try. Been eyeing it for years, though.
Was going to ask this. Does it work on windows 10 well? I've been eyeing the switch back to DP for a while as well. I qualify for the upgrade but not sure if I want to go down the Mac rabbit whole right now especially with the big change coming.

Was going to ask this. Does it work on windows 10 well? I've been eyeing the switch back to DP for a while as well. I qualify for the upgrade but not sure if I want to go down the Mac rabbit whole right now especially with the big change coming.
it was my first time trying it ever, and as I was trying to figure out how to add an instrument track I was met with an error reporting screen. Been interested in checking it out for awhile. So far so good haha.

Anybody have a summary of what DP does better than say Cubase and Logic?
Having used Cubase extensively over the pandemic period to check it out, I gladly came back to DP for many reasons:
- DP handles VI's with more CPU efficiency. ie: Omnisphere has less of a CPU hit when loaded in DP. If I load it into VEP7, it's even easier.
- hooking up to VEP7, on the same computer, is so easy and fast
- the new scalable zoom view is great for the eyes
- if you like to look at MIDI in notation view, it's as good if not better than Cubase as far as figuring out the actual 'real' lengths of notes

DP is full of features with something for everyone.
Best of all, it supports older machines like my 2009 MacPro with High Sierra and makes it fly.

if you like to look at MIDI in notation view, it's as good if not better than Cubase as far as figuring out the actual 'real' lengths of notes
Leaving aside the Cubase comparison (about which I am in the dark), DP's notation and the speedy ability to drag bar lines around is just indispensable for my workflow. I don't know what I'd do without it.

As @cmillar wrote, the DP notation has an uncanny ability to recognise what you intend, musically. And with MusicXML export it is 10x faster to move over to Sibelius / Finale (if you even want to).

Moreover, with version 11, I see they've added a lot of symbols to the notation so who knows where that goes?

Quite pleased so far.

Top Bottom