What's new

Now here...MOTU DP11

Dewdman42

DP needs a control app similar to Logic
one thing we could probably get going in the not too distant future is to make a DP control app based on Open Stage Control. It would not be too difficult to at least make a simple one with transport control. If the DP community has the will, it could be done.

kgdrum

Greetings
one thing we could probably get going in the not too distant future is to make a DP control app based on Open Stage Control. It would not be too difficult to at least make a simple one with transport control. If the DP community has the will, it could be done.
That’s a good point but you don’t want me within 10 feet of the development team,lol 😂

Dewdman42

Maybe I'll start trying to hobble together a few simple things to get things started. I suspect this will lead to ever increasing desires and time spent making to more and more capable, which I simply will not have time to do all at once...but I could at least figure out transport control and a couple things like that.

kgdrum

Greetings
@Dewdman42
Does embedding the manual make something like this more difficult from a technological perspective or do you think something like that would need MOTU’s input and blessing?

Dewdman42

I don't particularly think embedding the manual is the right approach. You can simply copy the PDF to your touchpad and view it that way.

My solution was to pick up a bluetooth number pad for remote control of DP. there's a cheap sticky Commands set you can get which lets you know what each key address's in DP.

I got the Microsoft one at a used computer store here for peanuts, but I probably will end up getting this one, because the MS one doesn't have a clear button, which is default tied to the Metronome, and the OWC one here has additional controls.

kgdrum

Greetings
My solution was to pick up a bluetooth number pad for remote control of DP. there's a cheap sticky Commands set you can get which lets you know what each key address's in DP.

I got the Microsoft one at a used computer store here for peanuts, but I probably will end up getting this one, because the MS one doesn't have a clear button, which is default tied to the Metronome, and the OWC one here has additional controls.

Interesting idea & approach,I like this.
btw nice to see you here @VI-C 👍

cuttime

Interesting idea & approach,I like this.
btw nice to see you here @VI-C 👍
This is a nice approach, it requires a desktop application that works in tandem:

kgdrum

Greetings
@cuttime
This is all very interesting,I really like having a remote app especially when I’m recording tracks with eDrums.
Logic’s remote app totally blows me away,it makes recording so much easier.

Going back to TouchOsc, it should be possible to set up the Number Pads Key commands in TouchOsc with the actual Commands that DP uses, I'm OK with a physical bluetooth Number Pad because it frees up the iphone or ipad to use a Mackie Control capable iOS app for faders etc. I have the Raven 27" here so faders aren't why I want remote iOS access, that would be record, metronome, rewind, play etc. There's also MetaPad if all you need is Commands.

Al Maurice

The other option is to use TouchDAW it's available on Android, not sure about iOS, and it streams midi over midiRTP and Apple's Bonjour service. Found it works quite well for controlling the transport (even with SMPTE), has basic mixer functionality with banking support on DP.

haha. Downloaded DP 11's demo and it took 1 minute for it to crash on Win. Nice! :roflmao:
It's probably incompatibility between VST, VST3's and DP. At least on Mac VST3 is a mixed bag in general but especially in DP. VST3 plug ins occasionally crash in Reaper and Bitwig on Mac here.

Al Maurice

There are options to turn off VSTs when the program 1st loads, or to specify for VST2 or VST3 to the be primary choice. Also DP has an ability to create plugin sets, so I suggest investigating those options as it helped for me.

There are options to turn off VSTs when the program 1st loads, or to specify for VST2 or VST3 to the be primary choice. Also DP has an ability to create plugin sets, so I suggest investigating those options as it helped for me.
Yeah like I mentioned, I don't know about you guys on Windows but on Mac VST3 is the most often to fail evaluation format. Definitely seems like a good idea to start on VST 2 as primary, and replace with VST3 on a per plug in basis. VST3 IK Multimedia TR5 Suite plug in crashes DP11 on Mac OS hard.

dts_marin

I still don't get why the reshape tool needs time to render.... I haven't see other DAWs take so long to draw automation. Ahh MOTU... They need to optimise the hell out of this tool. Very cumbersome to use. End of today's rant. Back to reshaping now...

I still don't get why the reshape tool needs time to render.... I haven't see other DAWs take so long to draw automation. Ahh MOTU... They need to optimise the hell out of this tool. Very cumbersome to use. End of today's rant. Back to reshaping now...
How long are you talking? I've never really noticed a big gap? Pretty much every DAW on my system here GUI wise isn't as "snappy" as Logic though if that's the comparison.

Top Bottom