What's new

Novation pads mapping to certain notes using Logic Pro X

In Novation Impulse 49, it is possible by pressing "Controls" button and pressing the desired pad, we can change - type(note, cc, etc), note, max, min, channel, etc of the corresponding drum pads and even some buttons can be assigned to notes.

Thanks but what is the next step? Should the pad light up to indicate it's being mapped? (it doesn't light up for the moment. Is it because I'm using logic and not Ableton)? And then I should click the desired midi key (C1 in this instance)?

It should work in logic without any problem.

1. Press the "Controls" button
2. Tap the drum pad you want to assign the note to, the type should show as "not" short-form for note.(if not turn the big data knob to set)
3. Press the "+" button, here you can map the corresponding note via pressing the keyboard or just turning the big data knob.
4. If needed, save to the desired template by "Shift" + "Keyboard" buttons.

It should work in logic without any problem.

1. Press the "Controls" button
2. Tap the drum pad you want to assign the note to, the type should show as "not" short-form for note.(if not turn the big data knob to set)
3. Press the "+" button, here you can map the corresponding note via pressing the keyboard or just turning the big data knob.
4. If needed, save to the desired template by "Shift" + "Keyboard" buttons.

Hi Suganthan, thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure I understand though. Should Logic be opened? "Control button" on the keyboard or in Logic?
Then, where should I see "not" written? and what is the big data knob?
Same for "+" and "keyboard" buttons, where do I find all of these? In logic or on the keyboard?

Hi,
Can I map specific pads on my Novation 49 to correspond to C1, C#1 etc. ?
I'm using Logic Pro X.
All can be done entirely in Logic by using AG Note Mapper Scripter (AG toolkit owners only) or by using Logic Mapper Instrument in the environment. The environment Mapped Instrument has a lot of advantages cause you can cable it to several Drum Instruments loaded into different Instrument Channel Strips and map each drum pad to a Note and to a specific cable output (e.g Instrument instance).
You must assign a Track for the Mapped Instrument.
Search Internet for Logic Mapped Instrument or refer to Logic documentation.

Awesome. Thanks!

Problem is, that pad number 1 is routed as a default to c2. If I change the routing (to C0 for example) then it doesn't only change the drum pad, but rather both the drum pad number 1 and C2 are now mapped to C0.
I'm trying to separate the two, in the other words, have C2 on the keyboard activate C2 and Drum pad number 1 activate C0.
Any idea how I can do that?

Not in Logic Pro, in the keyboard controller itself. Are you not using the Novation Impulse 49?

...If I change the routing (to C0 for example) then it doesn't only change the drum pad, but rather both the drum pad number 1 and C2 are now mapped to C0.
I'm trying to separate the two, in the other words, have C2 on the keyboard activate C2 and Drum pad number 1 activate C0.

Where did you change this routing?

Top Bottom