What's new

Nov 2018: Fluffy Audio's Dominus down to 229!! (60%)

Sorry, at the moment I can't. But a few days ago I posted a very short test in another thread. Maybe it can give you at least an initial idea of the dynamic range?

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/ewc-vs-dominus-vs-insolidus.76526/page-2#post-4303287

Paolo
No problem. Ty. You do show the dynamic range of the basses in that snippet. Was expecting some more bite at the higher dynamics (if that makes sense).

If someone is up to record a short snippet, I'd be grateful.

I really like Dominus so far, took a little test drive with it and covered all the dynamics. At 0:10 and 0:40, you'll hear the loudest dynamics and I think it's a reasonably loud forte. I still prefer it, when it's more quiet.
If you need anything else, I would whip up another demo.

Thank you very very much. Sounds great like all Dominus demos so far. Two more things I'd love to hear (if you don't mind):
1. The women only at the loudest dynamic
2. The driest sound possible

Lovely, @Scamper. I already planned on getting Dominus before the end of the month, but your lovely sample "made me" head to Fluffy's website and purchase it now. Downloading... :)

Thank you very very much. Sounds great like all Dominus demos so far. Two more things I'd love to hear (if you don't mind):
1. The women only at the loudest dynamic
2. The driest sound possible

+1 on hearing an example of the driest possible sound, from pp to ff.

I would like to ask to native English speakers if they think Dominus can simulate the English sung pronunciation. All considered, even with Germanic languages you have to mostly sing vowels, exactly as in Latin. And the variety of vowels is greatly simplified when singing.

I was listening to this choir, for example, where the singers (university students) should have a General American accent. It looks like Dominus can fake something like this quite convincingly.

Paolo

Hey one quick question of owners of BOTH Insolidus (8dio) and Dominus. Overlay? Duplicated libraries for the most part? The glaring difference for me on Dominus is the 'word-building'. Are the owners of both glad they have both or wish they could get their money back on one? :)

Here we go:
1. The women at the loudest dynamic

2. Without internal reverb for both spot and mid mics

Thank you very much. Sounds a little odd at the higher dynamics imo. Like there's no struggle, no shoutyness/ bite, no unintentional vibrato. Is this a little weird or is it just me?

I want to add that I'm amazed by the skills of you. Scamper you did an amazing piece.

@Ax312 this library won't sound as let'l say Oceania. Not this version at least. The idea was from the beginning to have a lovely sound with clearly different dynamic but in the same "style" of chanting.

About English. The main thing that makes English possible are diphthongs: if you use Latin (or Italian) as a phonetic language for English a sentence like "I love you" would be spelled as "Ai loviu".
To enable this all the possible combinations between vowels need to be present in the library, so AI, AE, OI, UI, etc..
Some of them are present in the current version of Dominus, but this is also one of the main points of the upcoming sequel.

I want to add that I'm amazed by the skills of you. Scamper you did an amazing piece.

@Ax312 this library won't sound as let'l say Oceania. Not this version at least. The idea was from the beginning to have a lovely sound with clearly different dynamic but in the same "style" of chanting.

About English. The main thing that makes English possible are diphthongs: if you use Latin (or Italian) as a phonetic language for English a sentence like "I love you" would be spelled as "Ai loviu".
To enable this all the possible combinations between vowels need to be present in the library, so AI, AE, OI, UI, etc..
Some of them are present in the current version of Dominus, but this is also one of the main points of the upcoming sequel.

Hi Paolo ,

Will the Dominus expansion/ Dominus 2 cover the ff-fff etc. dynamics (for legato) ?

Top Bottom