What's new

Notifications

storyteller

Hey guys. Is it possible to possibly modify the search menu bar to display the alerts icon (maybe to the left of search box) once the top menu bar disappears when scrolling down? I love the disappearing menu bar at the top, but losing the notification icon means that you have to scroll all the way to the top of the page before you can click on your next notification.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, that makes sense. However it would require including the member's box entirely into the sticky bar, let me look into how possible this is.

Are you using the forum mostly desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phone? I suspect some issues with having this occur on a cellphone-size screen...

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Jonathan, that makes sense. However it would require including the member's box entirely into the sticky bar, let me look into how possible this is.

Are you using the forum mostly desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phone? I suspect some issues with having this occur on a cellphone-size screen...

Cheers,

Andre
Desktop actually. But just to clarify, I'm not asking for any major work to be done... just hopefully for a way to cycle back through the notifications. I usually click on one, see what has been said, click on the next one, see what was said there, etc. Moving the entire member box into the sticky box might lose the overall aesthetics to the site (which is quite nice!). I was just thinking of some way to keep functionality with the overall layout. There may be some better ideas on how that might be able to happen other than just having the notification icon appear when the top bar disappears.

I'm also pretty sure the notifications icon always stays at the top of phones and tablets.

While CreativeForge is looking into what is possible, the current solution might be to use the "scroll to top" button that appears in the lower right corner of your browser as you begin to scroll.

This icon appears centered over here, which feels VERY weird. It should go right after Members button (or the search field, indeed), no? :)

1571758635823.png

Hmmm... which browser are you using? You should see the SEARCH box on the right... and for sure I am looking into moving this alert bell toward the search box, OR closer to Members. ( I have one extra thing on mine with Ads Manager being an admin, but most people will see what you see. So I do understand how EMPTY it looks!).

Could be that screen resolution plays a part here?

For me the notification bell is pretty much positioned over the letter "n" of "Content" and that is with Chrome maximised and a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. That puts it central between "Members" and the Search box.

Firefox on Windows10: The bell is above "Your Content" but moves as I resize Firefox. The bell seems centered in the space between "members" and the search box.

Firefox on Android: The notification bell appears to to the right of the search box

Great addition!

VIC-PC.jpg

Attachments

• VIC-Android.jpg
    VIC-Android.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but on mobile, having 2 bells that do the exact same thing always visible is a bit annoying. No amount of furious scrolling will make them go away!

Attachments

• B38E7736-1488-4991-BAC5-C52F0D21146C.jpeg
    B38E7736-1488-4991-BAC5-C52F0D21146C.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 4
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but on mobile, having 2 bells that do the exact same thing always visible is a bit annoying. No amount of furious scrolling will make them go away!
Aaah, came here to say the same thing.

Just noticed the second bell has gone away now. I’m so ecstatic about this I’d like to give you all a virtual hug. But, if that’s a bit weird then maybe a thank you will do! :)

I still have two bells.

The one that was centred between Members and Search is now nestled up against Search.

Ain't complaining, just saying :)

Top Bottom