What's new

Notifications

Hi all, thanks for all your feedbacks! Could you check now - both on desktop and mobile - and let me know if the changes I just made are adequate?

Basically I removed the notification bell from the top and stapled it permanently on the submenu beside the SEARCH box. This eliminates the duplication both on desktop (before the sticky feature is triggered) and on mobile. The modifications should show on both the Dark and the Light themes.

Thanks in advance!

Andre

Hi all, thanks for all your feedbacks! Could you check now - both on desktop and mobile - and let me know if the changes I just made are adequate?

Basically I removed the notification bell from the top and stapled it permanently on the submenu beside the SEARCH box. This eliminates the duplication both on desktop (before the sticky feature is triggered) and on mobile. The modifications should show on both the Dark and the Light themes.

Thanks in advance!

Andre
The bell is not quite aligned with the rest of the row - it’s a fraction lower.

Also, when I tap on it, the whole row moves over to the left by a couple of millimetres.

iPhone 6S, Safari, iOS 12

1F71619E-8C4F-491C-806A-93A790B09809.png

Can you check now?
That’s better, but still it seems like the bell goes slightly lower when the url menu appears in Safari. Either it’s a very slight difference, or I could be imagining that.

The whole thing still jumps over to the left when I hit the bell and the menu opens...

12AA05E4-CB4F-421E-B655-2A82C632876C.png 9AEF29BB-5E26-4C85-8118-B9E8182B3956.png 544F4C59-81A3-4B1F-BFC3-B6D4BFDBDD8B.png

That’s better, but still it seems like the bell goes slightly lower when the url menu appears in Safari. Either it’s a very slight difference, or I could be imagining that.

The whole thing still jumps over to the left when I hit the bell and the menu opens...

12AA05E4-CB4F-421E-B655-2A82C632876C.png 9AEF29BB-5E26-4C85-8118-B9E8182B3956.png 544F4C59-81A3-4B1F-BFC3-B6D4BFDBDD8B.png

I just realized you meant you are using Safari on MOBILE. Basically the real issue is how it looks on MOBILE. Let me look into this. :)

OK, can you refresh your page and send a screenshot?

I think the bell is now behaving. But unfortunately, the little "jump" is the time it takes for the CSS code to read and apply "hide this." I haven't been able to both hide that element, AND remove the original space it occupied. To do this I'd have to modify the code in such a way that would require the sticky bar bell icon to be edited on the theme page, rather than CSS to try and move it in place.

I think for today I will leave it at that...

OK, can you refresh your page and send a screenshot?

I think the bell is now behaving. But unfortunately, the little "jump" is the time it takes for the CSS code to read and apply "hide this." I haven't been able to both hide that element, AND remove the original space it occupied. To do this I'd have to modify the code in such a way that would require the sticky bar bell icon to be edited on the theme page, rather than CSS to try and move it in place.

I think for today I will leave it at that...
Ok. Something’s gone awry with the positioning, but it’s not broken completely...

F420A8C4-7881-408F-AAA2-4C0A8DCB1C5A.png BBA685D4-21DF-4F84-BE34-DB362E9208E5.png BF7D5D37-B674-42B2-A1CF-28C00B12FD4C.png

It's great now. Will take a bit of getting used to to look next to search field for it, but no duplication, all good!

I would maybe argue that the whole user frame in top right should also always stay on top (but maybe just on desktop).

It's great now. Will take a bit of getting used to to look next to search field for it, but no duplication, all good!

Here is what I saw when I logged in today. It's not too far from where it was before. :)

001515fb3b95d48bf27a85d369ea7679.png

I would maybe argue that the whole user frame in top right should also always stay on top (but maybe just on desktop).

It would be ideal, yes, I wish the theme developers would consider that. It's automatically happening on mobile I think. But, at least now, when there are alerts showing the little red bubble with a number, we know there's content, and don't have to always scroll back and forth to check the next. :)

I'm happy with that! :dancedance:

Hey guys. Is it possible to possibly modify the search menu bar to display the alerts icon (maybe to the left of search box) once the top menu bar disappears when scrolling down? I love the disappearing menu bar at the top, but losing the notification icon means that you have to scroll all the way to the top of the page before you can click on your next notification.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Not sure you saw the modifications I've done for the Alerts notification? Let me know how it looks on your end.

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Jonathan,

Not sure you saw the modifications I've done for the Alerts notification? Let me know how it looks on your end.

Cheers,

Andre
Andre, it’s looking great! Thanks for the addition. It definitely solves the issue I was experiencing. And by the replies, it looks like it will be very well received by the community.

Jonathan

Top Bottom