Noteperformer - New option to Rent-To-Own

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by brek, Feb 9, 2019.

1. brek

brek Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Just stumbled on this as I was going to purchase my copy. Apologies if this has already been posted or if I'm in the wrong forum.

It appears Noteperformer is now offering the option to rent-to-own. It's $10.75/mo for 12 months, which works out to the same $129 as the all-at-once purchase price.

https://www.noteperformer.com/?page=rent_to_own&return_to=home&anchor=download_software

Even more reason to jump in if you've been on the fence.

ag75 and jamwerks like this.
  2. Michael Antrum

Michael Antrum Only the good die young....

Nov 21, 2016
    Yorkshire, U.K.
    I really rate note performer. It's a great product and the support and updates I've received with the software is an example to all. This is another example of how to do it right.

Audio Birdi and Saxer like this.
  3. RandomComposer

RandomComposer Active Member

Mar 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Interesting, so there's pretty much no reason to buy it outright then? Since as far as I'm aware they don't have any discounts on the full price.

4. omiroad

omiroad Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Just note that you can't "pause" payments. Then the counter is reset.

5. Rob

Rob Senior Member

Aug 23, 2007
    +1

6. banes

banes New Member

Oct 4, 2015
    When I compared Halion sonic SE with note performer, I was really impressed with the result. I can't believe that Yamaha is not able to compete with a small company like Wallander Instruments

7. joebaggan

joebaggan Member

Dec 5, 2017
    To my knowledge, Halion is just a sample library (an average one at that), but the bonus of Noteperformer is its "look ahead" AI tech which presumably makes some decisions about playing back the music in a more expressive/natural way. IMO, this is more important to good notation playback than just having a good sample library.

8. omiroad

omiroad Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Wallander and the Dorico team communicate to make the products work with each other. They both have their own focus/specialty.

9. Leon Willett

Leon Willett Active Member

Apr 14, 2005
    One of the best products out there! I don't own it myself as I don't need it, but I recommend it to all my students as it offers an above-avarage mockup (automatically!) and orchestral balance you can trust. Great product!

mike753 likes this.