What's new

Not renewing Pro Tools "subscription"

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
Can you turn that off with Windows 10?

I use Pro Tools on a Mac, and Windows 7 doesn't auto-update.

The next macOS will kill 32-bit programs, so I'm not going to do it. My current machine is frozen, in fact I'm probably going to put in an older OS on a separate SSD as well (120GB SSDs are now $20).
So I keep telling my personal computer not to update, but it keeps changing the settings on me. So far, it hasn't been an issue because my music computer was on Win 7 but I am updating and testing it out. If it turns out to be a problem, I may go back to 7 and just be offline unless necessary.

I will have to make sure I back up more often too. My OS drive only has programs on it, so hopefully it won't mess everything else up.

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
My computer never saw the net and never will. That's how you disable automatic updates ;)
NI has made it impossible not to get online. if I didn't love my Kontakt libraries so much, I wouldn't use it. I actually love my iLok just because it makes it so I don't have to go online for most of my programs. Everything can be done on a different computer. Though even with the ilok, ProTools wants to phone home every once in a while.

Daryl

My computer never saw the net and never will. That's how you disable automatic updates ;)
That's how I used to do it, but eventually I just had to join the 21st Century. I do have two "museum" Mac Minis though, to run Keymap Pro.

Morning Coffee

I still have Pro tools 8 LE as an emergency backup. It was hassle free to install. The idea was that you would install the software which you got on a cd, then you'd enter the identification number that came with the software CD. It's an easy and fantastic system! No need for the internet, unless you need updates I guess.

Nick Batzdorf

Top Bottom