What's new

Not a complaint really :) - but vi-control eMails goes to spam

EgM

Game music!
Hi,

I keep getting my vi-control emails thrown into spam in my gmail account. It shows the email coming 'from' [email protected] while it comes 'via' bigboy8.todo10.com which of course is a big no-no in terms of emails.

Gmail message: "This message has a from address in vi-control.net but has failed vi-control.net's required tests for authentication"

It's kinda sketchy nowadays to send mail from a host and put a 'from' address that is different from the native sending host, I'd suggest a work around that would make all mail sent by vi-control be shown as coming FROM vi-control.net.

While I know how to address these issues, the laymen do not so it might cause a problem.

Please fix this so people will get their forum notifications :)

Related, but does not solve issue. I will not pay money to whitelist stuff while this could be done easily from vi-control :)

I've noticed this too.

It's kinda sketchy nowadays to send mail from a host and put a 'from' address that is different from the native sending host, I'd suggest a work around that would make all mail sent by vi-control be shown as coming FROM vi-control.net.

It's actually (still) completely normal for email to have a different "envelope from" address than "header from" address. Most legitimate mail is sent from a different hostname than the "from" address would indicate. Otherwise, none of MailChimp's or Constant Contact's customers would ever get their email delivered.

The more likely problem is that VI Control hasn't set up Sender Policy Framework (SPF) or DKIM, which would indicate to Google that the "envelope from" domain has authority to send email on behalf of the "header from" domain, in this case vi-control.net.

Reactions: EgM
I've noticed this too.

It's actually (still) completely normal for email to have a different "envelope from" address than "header from" address. Most legitimate mail is sent from a different hostname than the "from" address would indicate. Otherwise, none of MailChimp's or Constant Contact's customers would ever get their email delivered.

The more likely problem is that VI Control hasn't set up Sender Policy Framework (SPF) or DKIM, which would indicate to Google that the "envelope from" domain has authority to send email on behalf of the "header from" domain, in this case vi-control.net.

I'm not disputing that, of course. Just saying that VIC should fix it.

Top Bottom