Noob Audio Interface Question

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here
Well, I’ve had no problems like that with my interface to date and for that reason I’m not in a hurry to mess about. It does the job for me right now.

Last edited:

MarcelM

could be i'm simply getting better levels with the BFP.

i haven't done any tests.

all i can say is i am initially more pleased with the BFP over the id14.

also, i was constantly having problems with the Audient.

Support made an effort to help, but in the end i was always wondering what problem i would encounter next with my interface.

not a good way to work.

i find your comment curious since you mentioned you hadn't heard the BFP.
well, I had the normal babyface once and besides of the drivers it really was nothing special. audioquality was a lot better on the id22. also I read a lot about interfaces and afaik there is nothing sounding better up to 1k$ as an audient id 22. they also recently released new drivers with the release of the id44 which give better latency.

I just wanted to chime in to give another option since you get the best latency with RME, but for sure not the best AD/DA. you can read on gearslutz about it for example. no offense anyway or anything.
personally I think RME is overpriced and there are better options if you really don't need that super low latency.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
well, I had the normal babyface once and besides of the drivers it really was nothing special. audioquality was a lot better on the id22. also I read a lot about interfaces and afaik there is nothing sounding better up to 1k$ as an audient id 22. they also recently released new drivers with the release of the id44 which give better latency.

I just wanted to chime in to give another option since you get the best latency with RME, but for sure not the best AD/DA. you can read on gearslutz about it for example. no offense anyway or anything.
personally I think RME is overpriced and there are better options if you really don't need that super low latency.
No offense taken.

Good discussions are never a bad thing.

I had the latest drivers for the Audient.

No difference other than the mixer app.

The RME Totalmix (while reviewed as aging in some articles) stomps the Audient v4.

No change in latency. I even asked Audient support about v4 driver latency - they said,

"No change."

I scoured the Gearslutz thread before i bought it.

The orig Babyface and the Pro are different devices altogether - like you, from what i read. I don't have actual experience with the BF.

That's my only issue with forum discussions, comments/criticisms tend to be regurgitated from other posts/threads without actual experience with a product.

All i can say is my overall experience with the Babyface Pro is head-and-shoulders above the id14.

I can't, and won't, speak about the id22 that you are using to compare with the original Babyface (!) since i've never used it.

Headroom and dynamic range are incredible with the BF Pro.

I'll pull some specs to compare.

Plus i got it at a pretty good discount. Not close to the $749 retail and tax.

Worth every penny - for me, as i need the low latency for guitar and bass work ITB.

Beyond that, even though you seem to feel it isn't a critical aspect, i think low latency (and ZERO latency with hardware FX) provides a generally superior experience.

As we like to say,

YMMV

Last edited:

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
Engineered a recording session last night with the Babyface Pro - after only a day learning the Totalmix software.

Exceeded expectations, flawless execution and incredible sound quality.

Artists were stunned and beyond pleased.

I got more recording dates from them.

The BFP converters got some negative traction in the forums that gets perpetually spewed.

I'd like to see someone pick out different interfaces in a lineup based on the converters.

comical.