What's new

Non traditional Libraries

I’ve written down some links to small developers with untraditional sample libraries and instruments in a spreadsheet on my desktop computer. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow and post again.

- all XSample stuff. I just love the sound, which just oozes character and a weird avant-garde “modern” vibe for me. Yes, those woodwinds are gorgeous too ;) - quickly becoming my favourites. Mind you, specs-wise maybe they shouldn’t?

I've been really drawn to the XSample solo strings as of late. I'm holding out for a sale since I don't "need" them, but I wasn't aware of them until recently and am now enamored.

Thanks. So just pulled the trigger on BBCSO, LCO and Intimate String. Doh!!! Just realized that I forgot felt piano. Oh well. Soon.

Now moving on to the other suggestions. I think Xsamples is probably a "no brainer" for me. My only pause was that I was moving away from close mic'd libraries because I get lazy and don't want to set it back in a mix :). But, they will be good for solo woodwind work so, my God, I will just have to.... l'suffer... :)

Love the Vengance samples too.

I've been really drawn to the XSample solo strings as of late. I'm holding out for a sale since I don't "need" them, but I wasn't aware of them until recently and am now enamored.
I have even gotten both sets now. Started with XCSS and eventually got all of Complete too. The woodwinds are great and so are the strings. And I also love the Steinway B to bits.

Maybe you'd be interested in a prepared piano library? I have the cinesamples which is good (blends with CinePiano), but there are ones by many developers.

José. A final tip, if I may:

Their grand is excellent value. And this is a little gem, especially for 15 bucks on intro sale. It may suit a certain style. Or not. But I kind of dig it.

Here are the links, José, hope some of it is useful. I wrote some instruments down in a spreadsheet for my own future use (Black Friday and so on)

Links:

(especially Project Chaos)

Here are the links, José, hope some of it is useful. I wrote some instruments down in a spreadsheet for my own future use (Black Friday and so on)

Links:

Modwheel The Lowdown V2 is great!

Not sure if you're looking beyond traditional orchestral instruments, but if you are, I really love Rhythmic Robot's "synth" libraries that use weird instrument samples as their "oscillators." Crank uses hurdy-gurdy sounds, Cloud Chamber uses penny whistles and blown bottles, and SteamPunk uses a melodica and some kind of organ.

The idea of each of these libraries is to use the built in synth engine to do sound design. But you could also just play the samples pretty straight and do your own sound design stuff afterward.

Links:

Oh, yes, the Sound Dust stuff has some very unusual samples. I really like SAXOMAPHONIUM and the "Cloud" series of stringed instruments.

another 👍 for Sound Dust and Modwheel.

The Halfling by Production Voices is a really interesting piano library,it’s not a typical piano library by any means.

Top Bottom