What's new

Noise in the Right Order

just curious, is this there any EQ/filtering/compression added, or are this the way the piano library sounds directly?

Nice chord twist at around 2:00.

In my own stuff recently I'm wrestling with the idea of having such long pauses in piano pieces. When I try to shorten them, I feel that the emotion actually gets lost. On the other hand, keeping them long seems like it draws out the time that a listener could get "bored" or "impatient" if they're not feeling the song. I opted to keep the long pauses and seems like you did here, too, I think I see now from an audience perspective that it works really well =)

I did do a massive low end cut in terms of EQ as the bottom end just felt a little out of control in places.

Sometimes with the longer pauses it can build the anticipation, listeners ears have become so accustomed to what is going to happen next you need to add tricks to keep them guessing, sometimes that can be an unexpected chord change, other times letting the music ring out and breath can have the same affect.

Sometimes with the longer pauses it can build the anticipation, listeners ears have become so accustomed to what is going to happen next you need to add tricks to keep them guessing, sometimes that can be an unexpected chord change, other times letting the music ring out and breath can have the same affect.
I like the piece and your "strategy". +1 on the part around 2:00.
Piano sounds really nice too, but perhaps the sustain is a little too soft.

Top Bottom