What's new

Noire and K6 Player

imagegod

Hey all:

I use Kontakt 5.x and don't really want to upgrade to 6. However...after listening to 'Noire', I thought I'd download the player version of 6.

Generally speaking, are there any compatibility issues with having both K5 and the K6-player in the same project? Will this effect how samples auto-load on older K5 tracks? Is there anything I need to know about having both versions on the same computer/project?

Many thanks! :2thumbs:

dogdad

Hey all:

I use Kontakt 5.x and don't really want to upgrade to 6. However...after listening to 'Noire', I thought I'd download the player version of 6.

Generally speaking, are there any compatibility issues with having both K5 and the K6-player in the same project? Will this effect how samples auto-load on older K5 tracks? Is there anything I need to know about having both versions on the same computer/project?

Many thanks! :2thumbs:
I was in the same position as you and I did not experience any issues. 5 stayed on my system alongside 6 Player. All my Logic projects and templates loaded up with 5 just as they’ve always done. I also was able to add Noire to my main template, having a mostly 5 Pro template with a few instances of 6 player, also with no issues. Also, I didn’t have any issues loading my other libraries up in 6. Because of this I finally upgraded to 6 Pro during NI’s summer sale.

OP
I

imagegod

I hope I do too. I am not a piano snob...by any stretch. I get by with whatever is handy. Or at least I have in the past.

But something about Noire really touched something in me. What can I say...when it sounds right, that's the bottom line.

Top Bottom