NI_ Arturia V Collection 6 @ 50% OFF

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by sostenuto, Oct 29, 2018.

1. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Usually up for 'solid good deals'. Tempted, and watching for Arturia supporters' reactions.

2. dpasdernick

dpasdernick Senior Member

Jan 18, 2010
    That's a lot of sound for only $250.00. I've been putting this purchase off too long. I believe this time I will take the plunge.

Studio E and sostenuto like this.
  3. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Senior Member

Feb 1, 2017
    It's a great bundle at a great price. The new additions to V6 are worth it alone.

sostenuto likes this.
  4. mikeybabes

mikeybabes Only the good die young....

Nov 21, 2016
    Yorkshire, U.K.
    Sadly, it will cost me more to upgrade than to buy it again....

5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Jun 9, 2016
    South Africa
    It seems that Arturia do allow resale of their products so might be worth looking into?

6. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Yeah, no discount on the upgrade from 5 to 6?

galactic orange likes this.
  7. pmcrockett

pmcrockett Senior Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Saint Louis
    Going through past emails from Arturia, it looks like V Collection 6 was on sale for 250€ a couple times earlier this year, so this price, while good, isn't exactly unprecedented.

Not sure what the upgrade situation is like because I don't own 5, but it looks like the price of V Collection was raised from 250€ (for 5) to 500€ (for 6), so that probably is why the upgrade path isn't great.

8. Studio E

Studio E Eric Watkins

I was thinking the exact same thing.

dpasdernick likes this.
  9. Ronny D. Ana

Ronny D. Ana Senior Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Vienna
    Yes, that's too bad. Also the number of new synths is small, so the update is not worth it's price.

10. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    It's a good set (I have 5) but as others have noted the upgrade offer to 6—the same as the current offer through NI—was not great and the new stuff didn't seem to offer much for the price.

Ronny D. Ana likes this.
  11. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

Resale value...the update costs as much as the current discounted price for the full. Resale value=$0

galactic orange likes this.
  12. dpasdernick

dpasdernick Senior Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I finally bought it. I used to covet each one of these puppies. Arguably a half a million dollars worth of gear for 250 bucks. Yup, it's not the real thing but layered in a mix they'll sound great.

13. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    I bought 4 then upgraded to 5. The only way I'll upgrade to 6 is if they offer me a better deal than a new purchaser. Paying the same to "upgrade" makes me feel icky.

14. lumcas

lumcas Senior Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Yes, it's a very nice package. I'm still waiting for a $99 upgrade from version 5. And I've got plenty of time.

mikeybabes likes this.
  15. zadillo

zadillo Senior Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Unless Arturia was lying about $199 being the best upgrade price they'll ever offer, you'll be waiting for a long time.

16. mikeybabes

Nov 21, 2016
    Yorkshire, U.K.
    Then I, for one, will wait.

If you will sell a new licence to a new customer at a lower cost than you will sell an upgrade to an existing one, then it says quite a lot about how they value their existing client base. Remember, NI will have been making a margin out of this special offer too, so there was every opportunity for them to do something on upgrades...

17. zadillo

zadillo Senior Member

Jul 16, 2017
    They weren't selling a new license to a new customer at a lower price than the upgrade price. They were selling it for the same price as the upgrade price

Again though, Arturia backed themselves into a corner by promising that $199 would be the cheapest upgrade price we'd ever see.

You're free to continue waiting but you won't get a $99 upgrade from them.

Maybe they'll do something different when 7 comes out

18. mikeybabes

Nov 21, 2016
    Yorkshire, U.K.
    My upgrade price is 249 euro which with currency exchange charges is more expensive than the £ 219.00 that the NI offer cost (not by much I'll admit - but it is more).

But let's say that the cost is the same - it still shows the same attitude towards existing customers. Kind of like insurance companies who charge their existing customers more for renewing a policy, then they offer to new ones.

East West are bad for this too....

19. lumcas

lumcas Senior Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I'm well aware of that statement and I think that at the end Arturia will want to collect my money anyway. The good thing is that occasionally I've got some stuff to do, so my life is not just hopeless waiting in the dark. But I have to admit that it's been tough months spent with an outdated version of V collection.

20. kriskrause

kriskrause Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I actually did not buy V collection on this sale because of their upgrade pricing. I have no idea when 7 is coming out and didn’t want to chance it that this was a final sale on 6 before 7. There’s a good chance the intro price on 7 would be better than this sale on 6 plus the upgrade price.

I’ll buy v collection at some point on some sale. They have generous demo and resale policies and I like the products. It’s just that their upgrade pricing removes the pressure I’d normally feel on a time-limited sale.