Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by sostenuto, Oct 29, 2018.
Usually up for 'solid good deals'. Tempted, and watching for Arturia supporters' reactions.
That's a lot of sound for only $250.00. I've been putting this purchase off too long. I believe this time I will take the plunge.
It's a great bundle at a great price. The new additions to V6 are worth it alone.
Sadly, it will cost me more to upgrade than to buy it again....
It seems that Arturia do allow resale of their products so might be worth looking into?
Yeah, no discount on the upgrade from 5 to 6?
Going through past emails from Arturia, it looks like V Collection 6 was on sale for 250€ a couple times earlier this year, so this price, while good, isn't exactly unprecedented.
Not sure what the upgrade situation is like because I don't own 5, but it looks like the price of V Collection was raised from 250€ (for 5) to 500€ (for 6), so that probably is why the upgrade path isn't great.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Yes, that's too bad. Also the number of new synths is small, so the update is not worth it's price.
It's a good set (I have 5) but as others have noted the upgrade offer to 6—the same as the current offer through NI—was not great and the new stuff didn't seem to offer much for the price.
Resale value...the update costs as much as the current discounted price for the full. Resale value=$0
I finally bought it. I used to covet each one of these puppies. Arguably a half a million dollars worth of gear for 250 bucks. Yup, it's not the real thing but layered in a mix they'll sound great.
I bought 4 then upgraded to 5. The only way I'll upgrade to 6 is if they offer me a better deal than a new purchaser. Paying the same to "upgrade" makes me feel icky.
Yes, it's a very nice package. I'm still waiting for a $99 upgrade from version 5. And I've got plenty of time.
Unless Arturia was lying about $199 being the best upgrade price they'll ever offer, you'll be waiting for a long time.
Then I, for one, will wait.
If you will sell a new licence to a new customer at a lower cost than you will sell an upgrade to an existing one, then it says quite a lot about how they value their existing client base. Remember, NI will have been making a margin out of this special offer too, so there was every opportunity for them to do something on upgrades...
They weren't selling a new license to a new customer at a lower price than the upgrade price. They were selling it for the same price as the upgrade price
Again though, Arturia backed themselves into a corner by promising that $199 would be the cheapest upgrade price we'd ever see.
You're free to continue waiting but you won't get a $99 upgrade from them.
Maybe they'll do something different when 7 comes out
My upgrade price is 249 euro which with currency exchange charges is more expensive than the £ 219.00 that the NI offer cost (not by much I'll admit - but it is more).
But let's say that the cost is the same - it still shows the same attitude towards existing customers. Kind of like insurance companies who charge their existing customers more for renewing a policy, then they offer to new ones.
East West are bad for this too....
I'm well aware of that statement and I think that at the end Arturia will want to collect my money anyway. The good thing is that occasionally I've got some stuff to do, so my life is not just hopeless waiting in the dark. But I have to admit that it's been tough months spent with an outdated version of V collection.
I actually did not buy V collection on this sale because of their upgrade pricing. I have no idea when 7 is coming out and didn’t want to chance it that this was a final sale on 6 before 7. There’s a good chance the intro price on 7 would be better than this sale on 6 plus the upgrade price.
I’ll buy v collection at some point on some sale. They have generous demo and resale policies and I like the products. It’s just that their upgrade pricing removes the pressure I’d normally feel on a time-limited sale.
Separate names with a comma.