What's new

NI will no longer activate discontinued products from May 31st (NOW FIXED]

f originally embraced the Kontakt platform specifically because it respected the right to have a private, offline workstation, and I foolishly trusted Native Instruments to honor the agreements that were in place at the time Kontakt and Kontakt libraries were purchased. Oh well, live and learn...

...I actually have more resentment against NI's customer base than I do against NI, because it's axiomatic that we will only have the human rights we demand, and it's consumer apathy more than anything else that allows the current dismal state of draconian CP to flourish.
Or to put it another way, few people share the same anti DRM position as you. The majority isn’t always in “the wrong”. It just has different priorities.

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the little communication in the past days.

We have updated our announcement with more details on our progress: https://support.native-instruments....ervice-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

Just to give you a quick heads up, we are currently testing all the Kontakt OEM instruments at the moment so they can be activated using Native Access as soon as possible. So far all our tests were successful and so we are positive about the changes we made.

Regarding the applications, we have identified all the products we can activate after the date including the most used ones such as B4 II, Spektral Delay, Pro-53, Vokator and even some of the Traktor version we listed. We will share a full list as soon as we can with all the details and how to proceed if you have one of the instrument listed.

Hey everyone,

We have updated our announcement with more details on our progress: https://support.native-instruments....ervice-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

Just to give you a quick heads up, we are currently testing all the Kontakt OEM instruments at the moment so they can be activated using Native Access as soon as possible. So far all our tests were successful and so we are positive about the changes we made.

Regarding the applications, we have identified all the products we can activate after the date including the most used ones such as B4 II, Spektral Delay, Pro-53, Vokator and even some of the Traktor version we listed. We will share a full list as soon as we can with all the details and how to proceed if you have one of the instrument listed.
Very cool. Thanks for listening! It's really great to see this kind of respect for the end user, especially from one of the biggest names in the industry. IMO more big names should take a page out of your book :)

Just dropping in to say that I also still use East West's Orchestra, Choir, Storm Drum, and RA with Kontakt because these versions are more lightweight than using PLAY.

So yeah, not a fan of this move by NI.

Agreed, and same here. I have and still use just about every EWQL title ever made in Kontakt format. It works flawlessly and efficiently, and doesn’t require an iLok. In short: it ain’t broke, so it doesn’t need fixed by PLAY versions. And I paid thousands for all of it.

Having to shell out $$$$ more to keep using it - never mind the massive time suck involved in converting a huge chunk of my template to PLAY - and the resulting decrease in performance - it all adds up to a nauseating and ridiculous proposition. It simply shouldn’t be. This is insane.

Somebody PLEASE tell me NI is going to find a reasonable solution. If not, we better start bombarding the crap out of them until they do. Again, insane way to treat paying customers.

EDIT: yes, I have bootable clones of all my drives that contain these authorizations, but what happens when I need to make a hardware change to any of these machines, or move the libraries around?

Somebody PLEASE tell me NI is going to find a reasonable solution.
Does post #583 above address your concerns?
Hey everyone,

Hey everyone,

I hope you're adding Elektrik Piano. It is a Native Instruments product after all. - I have version 1.0, and I can't find a way to get it updated to 1.5.

Testing done for the Kontakt instruments
:hyper:

The OEM instruments listed here can now be activated in Native Access: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nd-of-Life

Native Access can be used on 10.9 and higher if you are using an older OS: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... g-Systems-

These changes also fixed some known issues with 10.15 and it looks like some instruments can also be activated on Catalina (Colossus and Gold for ex)

We will send official communication around this via newsletter and of course update our announcement to remove instruments that are no longer affected.

I hope you're adding Elektrik Piano. It is a Native Instruments product after all. - I have version 1.0, and I can't find a way to get it updated to 1.5.
A little over two years ago, NI support was able to update me from 1.0 to 1.5 but it took a couple of email requests. At that time, their website had broken links in the update instructions for several of these legacy products. The instructions were still there but you couldn't follow them. I asked NI support to fix the website. I don't know whether they ever did.

Digging up this old thread as I thought this last update made clear that it would still be possible to activate several older products, however I just upgraded my DAW and Spektral Delay is stuck in demo mode, Native Access won't allow me to authorise.

The only advice I can find on the NI website is https://support.native-instruments....ervice-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life - which states that they have after all discontinued the ability to activate legacy instruments, despite them putting out a press release (and @Matt_NI's post above) saying they weren't going to do this...

Top Bottom